Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX script to transfer calls to voicemail

Marques_RM
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm a beginer in the UCCX scripting and i have read a lot of discussions in the forum but no exact answer to what I'm looking for.

Probably this may be very "simple" so if anyone have any ideas or point me in the right direction, please let me know.

I have a simple scenario that processes all received calls and delivers them to HP or DN in the CUCM. When a call is received we check if it is work or nonWork time, so different options and audio prompts are played.

The issue now is:

1 - Have calls redirected to a "voice mail" after the nonWork audio prompts are played insted of just disconnect the calls.

2 - Be able to record de audio message with different file names and send it to an internal/external repository (ftp, SMB, local) that I can collect at a later time.

I only have CUCM and a UCCX (no agents).

Any ideas?

7 Replies 7

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

To record with UCCX you need a premium license. I am a bit confused when you say you have no agents as UCCX licenses are per seat.

My solution to the requirement would be to get UCCX to send an email and attach the recording to it. You can map data such as calling number, call arrival time/date to variables and place them in the header and/or body of the email.

Hi James,

tks for your reply, when I say no agents, it has to be with agents to connect to databases..

I have the Cisco Unified CCX Enhanced with 100 IVR ports and 10 seats.

When you say "UCCX to send an email and attach the recording to it" will I be able to do that with the Enhanced license?

Do you have unity connection setup? If that is the case, then in the UCCX step for the "NonWork" you can perform a call redirect to the DN of either a unity user or a call handler to take voicemail. These mailboxes can be setup with an email relay or full UM which will push the message to an email box as a WAV file. You can do this with any UCCX license.

Hi,

I do not have unity, only the CCX and the CUCM

So when you are transferring to voicemail, what are you using for this service? You can't use CUCM or UCCX as a VM service by themselves. If you have CUCM / CUWL licensing, you are entitled to CUC as well.

Hi Mike,

I'm not using anything at this time for voicemail, that is the solution that I'm trying to install.

I do have a CUCM with CUWL license and if you say I'm entitled to the CUC I have to check this.

Just to be clear, with CUCM / CUWL lic. and CUC I should be able to record audio files (voicemail) and no more licences should be required, is that correct?

Hi,

If you have CUWL licenses, then you are entitled to use Unity Connection. For your reference, see attached license comparison screenshot for what you get with CUWL licenses.

As mentioned in earlier post, to record calls you need UCCX Premium version. This means you need to upgrade your UCCX licenses from Enhanced to Premium version. Also you need and Cisco or 3rd Party recording solution which will be more costlier. The best and cost effective solution in your case is to use Cisco Unity Connection. The unity connection will record voicemails. The users can access voicemails using their Phones or you can integrate with your email system to deliver recorded files as .wav attachments. With CUWL licensing, you do not need additional licenses for Unity Connection.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.