cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - set priority command CSQ

CARLO CALABRESE
Level 1
Level 1

I am setting up a Que and the customer wants to have agents in group A answer all the calls.

If a call waits in que for over 5 minutes, they want a second group of agents (group b) to be able to take that call. So the call could goto the either group A or B.

My question is, Can I do this in one Que, or do I need two.

I was thinking that I could do a “set priority” of 5 when the call comes into the que and then after 5 minutes, set it to 1.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Carlo

Priority probably won't help - all that does is move the call 'ahead' of other calls in the queue. It doesn't affect to 'who' the call is routed.

Basically if you want the system to make an instant decision (e.g. route to group of agents A, but if not busy send to agent group B) then you can give agent group A higher skills than B, and use the 'most skilled' routing algorhythm on a single queue.

If you need that 5 minute delay, then you need two queues, with the second queue added with  a 'select' step in the 'queeud' branch of the first 'select' step.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Carlo

Priority probably won't help - all that does is move the call 'ahead' of other calls in the queue. It doesn't affect to 'who' the call is routed.

Basically if you want the system to make an instant decision (e.g. route to group of agents A, but if not busy send to agent group B) then you can give agent group A higher skills than B, and use the 'most skilled' routing algorhythm on a single queue.

If you need that 5 minute delay, then you need two queues, with the second queue added with  a 'select' step in the 'queeud' branch of the first 'select' step.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!