Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX shows wrong wallboard data due enabled DST and Timezone

aletomeh1394
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In my country DST was not moved forward one hour and we had to set up a local NTP Server on the local router with one hour behind. All services (CUCM, CUC, IMP, Expressway) work properly except UCCX 11.6.2. The UCCX server shows the correct time in the CLI. However, every day the cluster database is out of sync and the databases must be synced with "utils dbreplication stop" on sub, then pub and finally "utils dbreplication reset all".
In addition, Talk time of some Agents in CUIC Report suddenly turns negative!
The longest waiting duration time on the wallboard will be added by one hour.
Can DST be disabled? The version of Timezone is 2018c.

Regards

Hossein

11 Replies 11

I've seen some defects on CCO that mention time zone changes, have you looked to see if there are any updates for yours that are listed that they might have an update for? What country/timezone are you in?

aletomeh1394
Level 1
Level 1

Hi dear Bill.King1

I'm in Iran. Cisco publish DST update for cucm14:

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286328299/type/282074312/release/DST

As Olson site, DST for Tehran updated in DST2022c. But Cisco does not publish any DST COP file for uccx 11.6.

https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/aix-time-zone-olson-tzdata-updates

I found epkg.z DST2022c in Oslon website, is it possible to install it on UCCX 11.6?

Regards

Hossein

One possible workaround, if it exists, is to change the time zone to an equivalent UTC+3:30 that does not observe DST at all. That would take some research into the Olson time zone database to see if such an alternative exists though. 

PS- An upgrade is out of the question? CCX 11.x is in the end of life process; Cisco didn’t publish an update because it is past the End of SW Maintenance milestone when they reassign all the sustaining engineering developers.

Dear Jonathan,

Unfortunately the only Country in world is Iran with +03:30. We can upgrade to UCCX 12.5, but it's Timezone is also not update and I can't find any new DST update for the version.

I’d open a TAC case saying that you’re planning an upgrade because of this issue and either need a COP file patch or for them to figure out a manual process via root with the developers that will fix this following the upgrade. They should be on the hook to fix this in 12.5.

Thank you dear Jonathan, I'm looking forward for your good news.
But till uccx new patch, do you have any advice for our problem? I use a Cisco 4451 Router as Local NTP server with clock set command and I set the clock back one hour. Is it possible the NTP Server cause the problem? Because time in UCCX CLI is correct, but the longest wait duration and out of sync database raise once everyday and after I run "utils dbreplication reset all", the database will sync till tommorow. But the longest wait duration reset midnight and tomorrow morning everything repeat again.

The CLI showing accurate time is a surprising wrinkle to this. Is the CCX subscriber syncing to the publisher? If yes, what stratum is the router claiming to be in; it should be one or two. The Collab apps are hardcoded to disregard anything stratum five and less - which is often a problem that only manifests on subscribers since they're supposed to sync to the publisher. If the NTP server is stratum three or lower that puts the publisher at stratum four and trips the subscriber(s) into stratum five.

Also, have you confirmed that VMware tools is not attempting to synchronize time between the guest and host?

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for your good tips. I ran the command "ntp master 2" on the router and then set time with command "set clock". Do I need to do anything else?

I checked the VMWare settings, ESX doesn't sync time between Host and Guest.

Something is weird, The Column "Time Stamp" in "Alert History" in RealTimeMonitoringTools is wrong, as you can see on the picture. Time is 05:54 in Time Stamp, but 6:54 appear in Description. Also 6:54 in UCCX CLI. Maybe I wrong, but It look like not all UCCX subsystem services have correct time.

Can I change the real time database information and delete or edit the longest wait duration from the wallboard?

Have you seen this defect which it sounds like is similar to your situation as far as an enhancement request in 2023 for a time zone update? Perhaps you can ask for your situation to be added to that case?
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwf03243

Thank you dear bill,

I think our situation is same and Iran should also add to the case.

If you open a case with TAC (or already have one open), if you refer them to that case, they can add to it for your details, plus it will help them prioritize what to work on.