Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Subscriber Rebuild CA Certificate

Hello - We are using uccx 11.6 and recently I had to rebuild the crashed UCCX Subscriber node, our old subscriber had a CA Certificate installed on it. It has the same hostname & domain as before. Can I reuse the same certificate for new built node or do I have get new CA Cert? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I don't know for sure, but based on past experiences, I would guess not. The reason being, the server needs to have a CSR created before you can import a server certificate, and if you click generate CSR, the private key will not match the cert you import. My guess is, you'll need to do it again.

Did you not recover from a DRS backup file?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I don't know for sure, but based on past experiences, I would guess not. The reason being, the server needs to have a CSR created before you can import a server certificate, and if you click generate CSR, the private key will not match the cert you import. My guess is, you'll need to do it again.

Did you not recover from a DRS backup file?

thanks Anthony. I figured it wouldn't work, wanted to get second opinion. we had multiple issues - backup files were corrupted, any attempt to restore would fail. old sub was build using old vm template version 8 which limited IVR ports to 100. So ended building new one from scratch.

That does sound like a bad time, sorry to hear it. Good luck.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: