Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - Update eMail Configuration

Jesse3620
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I may just be overcautious, but I want to be extra careful when making changes on UCCX. My question is: can I update the Mail Server field under UCCX admin > Subsystems> eMail Configuration to a different fqdn while in production? 

We're being asked to repoint our mail server to another because they're decommissioning it, and I just wanted to make sure this change is as low risk as I think it is. 

This will not change the license MAC, correct? I checked and noticed updating SMTP server via OS admin page will alter the lic MAC. But the change I want to do should be safe? Also, does anyone know offhand, if I'll need to restart any services? 

Thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm confident this doesn't change the license, but I wouldn't do this during production hours. You might have to restart the Tomcat specially if you have to deal with any certificate issues.

david

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

I'm confident this doesn't change the license, but I wouldn't do this during production hours. You might have to restart the Tomcat specially if you have to deal with any certificate issues.

david