Helpful
Replies

Upgrade IPCC 4.5 to 7.0

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I am upgrading IPCC 4.5 to IPCC 7.0

I encounter some issues when restoring the 4.5 backup on the 7.0 server.

I start the appadmin page, select the restore option, tell where the backup is (local drive)

Then the system does something and I receive after some minutes the following error:

* The Archive Manager is Out of  Service. Please close the Appadmin and restart the CRS Node Manager and then  login again to perform the Backup/Restore operation.

As far as I can read from the manual, the BARS is now included in the 7.0 version, so I don't need to instalkl it as a seprate product.

I can also not see an Archive manager service when using the windows service manager.

I have rebooted the 7.0 system several times, but I get everytime this error.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Jan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Have you by any chance changed the ip address of the system ?

If this is the case can you try and use the same ip address / hostname as the system you took the backup from ?

Regards,

Christos

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi,

Have you by any chance changed the ip address of the system ?

If this is the case can you try and use the same ip address / hostname as the system you took the backup from ?

Regards,

Christos

Hi,

Yes I chnaged IP.

I shall now the test again with the same IP.

Thanks,

Jan

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Has no one seen this message before?

I have reinstalled windows from scratch, reinstalled IPCC but everytime I see this error.

I search the bug reports, but also there I ddin't find anything.

Any input is apreciated

Cool,

let us know how it goes

Regards,

Christos

Hello Christos,

Yes that was the issue

When Cisco says in their documentation that the systems should be configured the same, they mean exactly the same.

I should have know, I tried to install one time Callmanager on a server that was exactly the same as required by Cisco (I thought), but it would not install because the CPU was 3.x Ghz as oposed to the 2.x Ghz required by Cisco.

Anyway, thank you very much.

Jan

Thanks for reporting back Jan! The backup tool for UCCX does not backup windows information so basically you need to have them configured the same way

In any case you can always change the ip address of the system after upgrading and ensuring that everything went fine.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/configuration/guide/uccx70ag.pdf

Page 11-41 is the relevant section.

Regards,

Christos

PS: Yes before starting the installation callmanager performs a very thorough hardware test

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: