cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade SQL 2000 to 2005

Mr_toad1_2
Level 1
Level 1

We will upgrade from SQL 2000 to 2005 on our CUCCE 7.5 systems soon.  The upgrade guide does not say which servers to upgrade first. Can you upgrade one server at a time or one complete side (A or B)at a time?  If one side at a time I'm guessing you would need to have an outage when you switch to the upgraded side? 

2 Replies 2

Hello,

This is normal to have a outage duting a upgrade process , but it is most recommeneded to do this :

turn off RoggerA, Turn off distributer , upgrade both then shutdown RoggerB , start RoggerA and then start the distributer.

The PG's can stay at a earlier version during the upgrade , it is supported by cisco so then you will upgrade RoggerB then continue on the PG's.

i had never upgraded the SQL , what i do most of the time is backup the DB (sideA , AWDB and HDS) uninstall the sql2000 , install 2005 (fresh) then restore the DB then upgrade the ICM service.

Amer

dchumbley
Level 1
Level 1

The Loggers can run on different SQL versions so there will be no outage.  First upgrade Logger A to SQL 2005, then bring it back online and it will synch with Logger B.  After the synch happens, shutdown Logger B and upgrade it to SQL 2005.  If you have two AWs I would do them one at a time also.