Views
Helpful
Replies

Using a DN with Cfwrd to Trigger UCCX

dsobrinho
Level 9
Level 9

Hi guys,

Does anybody knows if using a DN number (Active DN) to re-direct high volume of calls to UCCX trigger can cause a dropping calls?

I have this cenário works but with a lot of problem when the Call Center has high volume of calls been transfered by DN create as a facility to VoiP environment of CUCM. Calls from PSTN are transfered to trigger 4444.  Users in CUCM environment dial 4444 directory trigger to match the IT Help Desk.

PSTN Trunk 312100-2854 ----------> DN2854 with Cfwrd all --------to-------> UCCX Trigger 4444 ---------> IT Support Application

Best regards,

Daniel 

Daniel Sobrinho
9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't see why that would case problems, however why is 2854 not defined as translation pattern with translation to the 4444 trigger as that would be recommended setup.

Hi Chris Deren,

Yes, I agree with you Chris. Maybe the local team did not know all features of CUCM.

I will suggest a new changes to this environment.

Best regards,
Daniel

Daniel Sobrinho

Hi Daniel, an easy way to implement and very useful would be to use the translation profile feature, if you are using a CUBE.

/2854/ /4444/

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

Yeah, that's not supported. Check out the Unsupported Configurations for Agent Phones within the release notes, for example;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_11_5/release/guide/RCCT_BK_U98D7FB5_00_uccx-solution-release-notes-115/RCCT_BK_U98D7FB5_00_uccx-solution-release-notes-115_chapter_010.html?bookSearch=true

Why do you need to redirect callers to a UCCX trigger? Your external number should map directly to the trigger.

Hi Mark Swanson,

In the past the PSTN number was 4444. The trunk E1 was change but the customer cannot change this trigger number and request to local team to create a phanton DN 2854(Active) this is a DID number delivery to PSTN and now it has a Call forward to trigger 4444.

Now with this confirmation I can request a change to fix this problem that happen with call drop before inbound in the Queue.

Best regards,
Daniel Sobrinho

Daniel Sobrinho

Yep, that's exactly what I was going to recommend. It sounds like you need to change the DN on the UCCX Application Trigger from 4444 to 2854.

To make sure we're not spreading bad info on the forums, did you accidentally read his post as Agent DN versus Active DN?  Because there is not a restriction on forwarding DNs to Triggers.

You're right, Anthony. Honest mistake. I saw Active DN but I clearly referenced unsupported Agent DN info from the release notes. Good catch.

On that note...

Daniel, make sure agents aren't using unsupported features like iDivert or DND. If the agent iDiverts inbound ACD calls... the call event would take the failed or unsuccessful branch of the Selected Resource step. If so, you might not be accounting for these types of call events. Disable unsupported features because some of them cause drop calls.

Again, if you post your script or take screenshots of the Selected Resource step along with the device or udp configs... it would help.

Plus, if you can... I would remove the Call Forwarding from dn2854 to the trigger; 4444. There's nothing saying you can't but it begs the question - why? No reason to add extra complexity to your network... that's only something else to worry about going wrong.