Views
Helpful
Replies

wav audio format that accept the UCCX?

oscar cordero
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I will record audio files (.wav) for use like promt in the UCCX. Some one can tell me wich audio format (bit, , format, etc) is acepted in the UCCX?

another question is wich free software is most used for record promts?.

thanks.

oscar cordero

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

cherilynn1030
Level 1
Level 1

goldwave is another good program.

View solution in original post

All of those are recording/editing programs.  Any will work.  Sound quality is driven more by the microphone/device you are using than by the program.  It's a personal preference.

As far as the parameters for the recording, those do not change regardless of what you are recording with.  They were provided to you in the first response, but here's a screen shot to clear up any confusion.

Cliff

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Prompt format is CCITT u-Law, 8 kHz, 8 bit mono for the WAV files.

You can use windows sound recorder, you can record them directly on the UCCX server if you write a small prompt recording application, or you can leave yourself a voicemail message on unity or unity connection, grab the file out of your mailbox (using IMAP if you're on Unity Connection), and use that.

Those are the common ways I've seen.

Cliff

We tend to use "audacity" to chop up wavs, volume control etc.

cherilynn1030
Level 1
Level 1

goldwave is another good program.

what about bit rate? is not importat property? I can use any?

the goldwave record also? or just format the audio?

the Audacy record also? or just format the audio?

thanks.

All of those are recording/editing programs.  Any will work.  Sound quality is driven more by the microphone/device you are using than by the program.  It's a personal preference.

As far as the parameters for the recording, those do not change regardless of what you are recording with.  They were provided to you in the first response, but here's a screen shot to clear up any confusion.

Cliff

Thanks to all. I used the goldwave , and was really good experience.

thanks.

Hello All,

What if you specified G729 as your codec during install.  Does anyone know what are the recommended settings are for recording G729 prompts?  I have UCCX 8.5(1)

Thanks!

Turns out I needed to save the .wav file with the following options using the Goldwave application.  I didn't see the option on how to do the same thing in Audacity so I'll keep using Goldwave for this.

In Goldwave, once you have the audio file how you'd like it...

1. Go to File...  Save As...
  2. Give it a file name BUT DON"T HIT SAVE just yet
  3. Click on the Attributes button...
  4. Select µ-Law, 8000Hz, 64kbps, mono
  5. Click Ok...  then Save.

This file should now be usable in UCCX.

Good luck,

Dwight

mbarekfadil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

The Prompt format is CCITT u-Law, 8 kHz, 8 bit mono for the WAV files.

Capture.JPG

Bests Regards

When a custom prompt is uploaded to CCX, the prompt is saved in both the formats CCITT u-Law and CCITT a-Law.

Attributes drop-down menu, choose 8.000 kHz, 8 Bit, Mono 7 kb/sec

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_11_5/maintain_and_operate/guide/UCCX_BK_UF7B627D_00_unified-ccx-administration-guide/UCCX_BK_UF7B627D_00_unified-ccx-administration-guide_chapter_01001.html