cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What advantage does cisco 3900 series serves in a CC environment over Cisco 2900?

Anand Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Let me know the following thing regarding UCCX/UCCE

What advantage does cisco 3900 series serves in a CC environment over Cisco 2900?

4 Replies 4

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Anand,

Capacity wise there are differences between these, below are couple of differences.

. SIP sessions in 3900 routers are far more than 2900 routers, so you can have more number of SIP calls using 3900 router.

. More digital ports, so you can have more e1/t1 pri.

Suresh

Hello Suresh,

Yes i am aware about this.

I heard that Cisco 2900 Series routers won't provide proper functionality if we use along with UCCX or UCCX.May i know why?

What are the call center features that's not supported by 2900 series routers if we use these with UCCX or UCCE and Why?

Anand

I am using 2900 series and 3900 series with UCCX and I have used 2900 series router in UCCE deployement supporting 10000 + agents.I haven't seen any issues apart from regular firmware issues.

We have used them for  VMXL gateway to Voice gateway (SIP) .

Yes 3900 is more powerfull series with higher memory and support more DSP slots ,SIP sessions 800+ (min).

But there is no such compatibility thing with UCCX and UCCE as far as i know.

Main difference.

lhttp://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/3900-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/series-comparison.html

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To be honest there are no such advantages from UCCX/UCCE perspective that you should choose one and not other. The decision to choose between the routers should be purely based on other parameters such as ports, call, phones, DSPs etc that you normally do while choosing them even without a Contact Center environment in your infrastructure. Refer to their respective Data Sheets for the complete details

Regards

Deepak