Views
Helpful
Replies

What is Survivablity in UCCE ?

4rajnivashisht
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Please help me to under stand the survivablity in detail. i mean i want to appriciate Survivablity. in doucments i have read that survivablity take place in case of wan failure(what does that means ? CVP Isolation from ingress gateways) if that so then what survivablity treatment we can give to the call ?

Thanks,

Rajni Vashisht

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

Survivability.tcl file is provided with CVP package and works along with handoff.tcl to manage the failures.

The survivabilty is configured on ingress gateway as a service and can be applied to inbound dial-peer / pots dial-peer.

it can detect the sip connection failure from gateway to CVP and can be invoked in such scenarios and can be configured to route the failed call to different destination using different transfer methods like TBCT. DTMF,HF.*8 etc.

The best way to about survivability is to open the file in notepad (dont edit it okay?) and read the description. it has all the information how you can use it.

this is how i have configured in my lab:

Uploaded the survivability.tcl in flash along with other CVP tcl files.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System CompactFlash directory:
File  Length   Name/status
  1   22412    bootstrap.tcl
  2   4748     bootstrap.vxml
  3   58446    critical_error.wav
  4   5417     cvp_ccb_dial.tcl
  5   6993     cvp_ccb_poll.tcl
  6   8836     cvp_ccb_vxml.tcl
  7   8970     cvp_videoconnect.tcl
  8   1833     cvperror.tcl
  9   29552    CVPSelfService.tcl
 10   10173    CVPSelfServiceBootstrap.vxml
 11   2446     en_0.wav
 12   2446     en_1.wav
 13   2446     en_2.wav
 14   2446     en_3.wav
 15   2446     en_4.wav
 16   2446     en_5.wav
 17   2446     en_6.wav
 18   2446     en_7.wav
 19   2446     en_8.wav
 20   2446     en_9.wav
 21   2406     en_pound.wav
 22   2446     en_star.wav
 23   1434     handoff.tcl
 24   126454   holdmusic.wav
 25   26582    pleasewait.wav
 26   598      recovery.vxml
 27   32110    ringback.wav
 28   7838     ringtone.tcl
 29   136665   survivability.tcl
 30   1434     handoff_115.tcl
 31   155143   survivability_115.tcl

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configured the service under application:

what it does is when there is a sort of CVP service failure detected, and if the day is one of the 7 day in week and if the time is between 00:00 to 23:59 the failed call will be routed to the number 15000 which is VM pilot on my CUCM. and gateway has dial-peer to reach 15000.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LABVWMLGW1#sh run | s appl
application
  service survivability flash:survivability.tcl
  param open-hours-time0 0123456:0000-2359
  param open-hours-agent0 15000

!
  service new-call flash:bootstrap.vxml
  !
  service cvperror flash:cvperror.tcl
  !
  service CVPSelfService flash:CVPSelfServiceBootstrap.vxml
  !
  !
  service ringtone flash:ringtone.tcl
  !
  service bootstrap flash:bootstrap.tcl
  !
  service handoff flash:handoff.tcl
  !
LABVWMLGW1#

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and the service is applied to the inbound dial-peer as below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dial-peer voice 11005 voip
 service survivability
 session protocol sipv2
 incoming called-number 11005
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 codec g711ulaw
 no vad

thats it.

View solution in original post

In that case, Survivability will not come into the picture at all for this kind of transfer.

In ICM script you can use label node to transfer the caller to new 1800 number, that label node will invoke CVP to transfer the call back to 1800 number using outbound gateways configured.

I thought we already covered it in the same thread, voicemail pilot would just be a number.

any ways below is what you should have on your ingress gateways where surv is configured, 15000 is my voicemail pilot over here.

application

then reload the surv application using below command:

call application voice load survivability 

now make sure your voice gateway has dial-peer to find route voice-mail number, if not set this up using Dial-Peer.

and last thing, i read the voicemail server does not set RTCP packets so in order to prevent media-inactivity timer from kicking please set up criteria so that gateway can lookout for both RTP and RTCP and not only RTCP for media inactivity criterion.

22 Replies 22

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

Survivability.tcl file is provided with CVP package and works along with handoff.tcl to manage the failures.

The survivabilty is configured on ingress gateway as a service and can be applied to inbound dial-peer / pots dial-peer.

it can detect the sip connection failure from gateway to CVP and can be invoked in such scenarios and can be configured to route the failed call to different destination using different transfer methods like TBCT. DTMF,HF.*8 etc.

The best way to about survivability is to open the file in notepad (dont edit it okay?) and read the description. it has all the information how you can use it.

this is how i have configured in my lab:

Uploaded the survivability.tcl in flash along with other CVP tcl files.

System CompactFlash directory:
File  Length   Name/status
  1   22412    bootstrap.tcl
  2   4748     bootstrap.vxml
  3   58446    critical_error.wav
  4   5417     cvp_ccb_dial.tcl
  5   6993     cvp_ccb_poll.tcl
  6   8836     cvp_ccb_vxml.tcl
  7   8970     cvp_videoconnect.tcl
  8   1833     cvperror.tcl
  9   29552    CVPSelfService.tcl
 10   10173    CVPSelfServiceBootstrap.vxml
 11   2446     en_0.wav
 12   2446     en_1.wav
 13   2446     en_2.wav
 14   2446     en_3.wav
 15   2446     en_4.wav
 16   2446     en_5.wav
 17   2446     en_6.wav
 18   2446     en_7.wav
 19   2446     en_8.wav
 20   2446     en_9.wav
 21   2406     en_pound.wav
 22   2446     en_star.wav
 23   1434     handoff.tcl
 24   126454   holdmusic.wav
 25   26582    pleasewait.wav
 26   598      recovery.vxml
 27   32110    ringback.wav
 28   7838     ringtone.tcl
 29   136665   survivability.tcl
 30   1434     handoff_115.tcl
 31   155143   survivability_115.tcl

Configured the service under application:

what it does is when there is a sort of CVP service failure detected, and if the day is one of the 7 day in week and if the time is between 00:00 to 23:59 the failed call will be routed to the number 15000 which is VM pilot on my CUCM. and gateway has dial-peer to reach 15000.

LABVWMLGW1#sh run | s appl
application

!
  service new-call flash:bootstrap.vxml
  !
  service cvperror flash:cvperror.tcl
  !
  service CVPSelfService flash:CVPSelfServiceBootstrap.vxml
  !
  !
  service ringtone flash:ringtone.tcl
  !
  service bootstrap flash:bootstrap.tcl
  !
  service handoff flash:handoff.tcl
  !
LABVWMLGW1#

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and the service is applied to the inbound dial-peer as below:

dial-peer voice 11005 voip
 service survivability
 session protocol sipv2
 incoming called-number 11005
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 codec g711ulaw
 no vad

thats it.

Thanks Chintan !!

please help me to  understand what all treatment we can give to a call in case of Survivablity ??

i mean transfer call to external pstn number or what all destinations we can send the call..

Thanks,

Rajni Vashisht

You can transfer to any destination your ingress gateway can reach to including PSTN i think.

You can use the take-back and transfer techniques if your PSTN provides supports it to prevent occupying two ports on ingress gateway (one for call ingress and other one is for outbound call).

Those methods are *8 transfer connect (outpulse), Hookflash Relay, Two B-Channel Transfer (TBCT)

Thanks Chintan !!

this information is very helpful..

please also guide me what all configuration  i needed to do in the system in the case of Take back and Transfer..

>> we are vru type 10

Thanks,

Rajni Vashisht

There are various techniques you have to perform take-back and transfer, but they should be supported by the PSTN carrier from where your calls ingress into the system.

there is instruction available within survivability.tcl file on how to use those transfer methods, i am just copy pasting some of the stuff straight out of it.

now lets say when survivability invokes, you want to transfer the call to PSTN destination 1234567890

param open-hours-agent0 1234567890 (if this parameter is defined the gateway will try to trasfer call to 1234567890, but two gateway ports will be utilized)
    param open-hours-agent0 DTMF*8,,,,1234567890 (When PSTN *8 take-back is desired)
    param open-hours-agent0 HF,,,,,1234567890 (when hook-flash transfer is desired)
    param open-hours-agent0 TBCT1234567890    (when TBCT transfer is desired)

I haven't tested all of them, but they should work as described.

Thanks Chintan !!

this information is really helpful..

Please help me on my one more doubt..

>>actully we have comprehensive call flow and when call comes to icm we are sending it to ivr. IVR Does the DB dip and in the end finally tell icm where on transfer the call.

>>from ivr we are receiving 1800 number to send the call to.. please suggest me what i need to configure in ucce system to make it happen.

Thanks,

Rajni Vashisht

In that case, Survivability will not come into the picture at all for this kind of transfer.

In ICM script you can use label node to transfer the caller to new 1800 number, that label node will invoke CVP to transfer the call back to 1800 number using outbound gateways configured.

Thanks Chintan  !!

one more thing if i don't want to use Survivablity then how i will continue with courtesy call back.

>> can you  please give me any example where i will not transfer the call in survivablity and will implement the courtesy call back as well.

Thanks,

Rajni Vashisht

what will happen i will remove the servivablity service from incoming  dial peer.. i mean what treatment will the call get

>> will it play any wav file or simply disconnect the call...

what is the use of servivablity service in incoming dial  peer if i am not transfering the call to any external or internal destination ..

Thanks,

Rajni Vashisht

You don't have to use survivability for inbound contact center calls, it just gives you added redundancy if there are failures and/or if you're going to use Courtesy Callback.

if i will remove the Servivablity service from incoming dial-peer then what will happen ( i understand that i will not able to route the call to any alternate destination). should i hear any promps in the case of CVP isolation when servaviablity is not there.

>> if i am not doing any modification in the default servivablity file and put the servivablity service in incoming dial peer then what will happen in the case of cvp isolation.

Thanks,

Rajni Vashisht

remove the Servivablity service from incoming dial-peer then what will happen  ... should i hear any promps in the case of CVP isolation when servaviablity is not there

No. The call will just drop.

Under the default survivability TCL file it will play critical_error.wav from the gateway and drop the call. You may want to substitute your own version of this wav file.

There are some interaction restrictions between survivability and SIP REFER, but in general, using survivability is recommended.

Regards,
Geoff

Hi geoff,

if i need to transfer call to some external toll free number in the case of survivablity then what i need to do ?

do i need to change in the configuration of survivability.tcl file if yes please tell me the process how to modify survivability.tcl file.

Thanks,

Rajni Vashisht 

Hi,

in the case of survivability i need to transfer the call to the voice mail..

what configuration should i need to do..

Thanks,

Rajni Vashisht