Helpful
Replies

Writing a log from a script

OrBaram
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

The client asked me to create a log from a new script -
I tried to do it using Custom Variables, But because there is a problem with the reports, sometimes I see the values ​​and sometimes not,
so I want to create a file that I will write into and it will contain the values ​​that the client wants.

Is there a possibility for the most basic explanation of how to do this?

I tried to create a new document and insert a value into it to the default path (if it is really the correct one) but I can't see that a file has really been created..

OrBaram_0-1677489502638.png

Thank you very much!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dmytro Benda
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @OrBaram 

Will writing the variables' values into a text file be a solution for you? If yes, please read the post in my blog how to do it. The link to the post is here:

https://dbenda.blogspot.com/2022/10/saving-information-to-text-file-in-uccx.html#more 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

I've never done this and I think it's possible, but I would never do it as it feels like your UCCX is going to take a performance hit. Can you write to a DB or send an HTTP request with the data you're logging? Just feels like a much safer option.

david

Hi David, thank you very much for the response.

Unfortunately there is no possibility because the client cannot.
He wants the simplest thing that will work...

Hey.

You writing that you have problems with reporting on showing the values.

I think i would try to fix that, and then use Custom Variable just like you a doing now.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

Hi Thomas,

We have an issue with excess records in the database because the reports were being received empty

After we opened TAC we reduced the amount of records and the reports worked again.
The amount of records is still above what Cisco offers (we left records from a year ago and the client is not ready to delete anymore)
That's why I'm trying to do it in an alternative way..

This is the Custom Variable,

I notice that when I'm not getting data then the session times are less than five seconds (anything unchecked)
Do you know a problem like this?

Of course I use "Set Enterprise Call Info"

OrBaram_1-1677500014821.png

Dmytro Benda
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @OrBaram 

Will writing the variables' values into a text file be a solution for you? If yes, please read the post in my blog how to do it. The link to the post is here:

https://dbenda.blogspot.com/2022/10/saving-information-to-text-file-in-uccx.html#more 

+5 or +1 whatever it is now. Thanks so much for sharing this, I had no idea this was possible. Any performance implications around using this? Writing to the file system feels like such resource impact, but that's just my feeling.

david

Hi David,

I didn't investigate performance implications unfortunately. The client asked us to provide him a solution and we tested it in our Lab UCCX. But they did accept it and there were no complains from their side. 

I agree with you that storing such info in the DB will be much better, however sometimes the customers want something else. 

This is exactly what I was looking for

thank you very much!!

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

If I was writing a script to do this I would be using the Make REST Call step to save the log information to a database system with a REST API front end.

I did something very similar a few years ago and used a cloud service called Airtable to store the data,

https://www.airtable.com/ 

It was pretty easy to set up and the Airtable service had a free tier.