Views
Helpful
Replies

XMPP connection lost

Badar Ali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing an issue in XMPP library jabberwerx/CAXL. The issue is that sometimes (randomly, no particular scenario) my connection of XMPP is lost with cisco finesse. I observed the behavior of the finesse desktop client at the same time and it works fine without any issue.

The error I received from CAXL is:

<error><internal-server-error xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas"/></error>

This is not a one-time issue, I have encountered this multiple times. Generally, it happens at the time of login (where we first establish an XMPP connection).

Can you please guide me on this?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Looking at the spec, it says that an internal-server-error is: 

The server has experienced a misconfiguration or other internal error
   that prevents it from servicing the stream.

What version of Finesse are you using? Is this CCX or CCE? Also, are you using websocket or BOSH? 

Just FYI, Strophe.js is the recommended JS XMPP library. You can find a Strophe with websocket example here: https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/finesse-sample-code/tree/master/NonGadgetSampleWithStropheAndWebsocket

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Thanks for taking the time out.

We are facing this issue for CCE 12.6 and CCX 12.5 at the moment and we are using bosh for XMPP connection with finesse.

I was just thinking that if the issue is somehow related to the server then shouldn't we face the same problem on the Cisco Finesse Desktop client as well?

Hi,

I was just thinking that if the issue is somehow related to the server then shouldn't we face the same problem on the Cisco Finesse Desktop client as well?

I agree. I was just trying to point out what the spec says, but I was also thinking maybe it is the way you are connecting. Is it possible for you to switch to Strophe.js? The Finesse team has always suggested using that library instead of CAXL which is no longer being updated.

If not, I would suggest turning on the OpenFire logs, trying to reproduce it (I know you said it is random), and looking at the logs. Remember turning on the OpenFire logs is a performance hit, so you probably don't want to do it for a long time if it is a production system. 

Thanx,

Denise