cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to configure VXLAN with BGP EVPN on VIRL NX-OSv 7.3.0??

aacole
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,  so I can get a better understanding of VXLAN/EVPN  I am attempting to set this up in VIRL.

I'm working from several example configurations, is this actually possible in the emulated platform? Reason I ask the basic question is that some key commands such as fabric forwarding under an SVI are missing.

Looking at the list of supported features for VIRL I'm sure VXLAN with BGP is supported, but I'm not having much luck so far.

Andy

4 Replies 4

Lukas Krattiger
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy,

you can find the supported features and in what release for NX-OS 9000v here Cisco Nexus 9000v Guide - Cisco Nexus 9000v [Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches] - Cisco

We are in the NX-OS 7.0(3)-train and not NX-OS 7.3.0. That might have led to some search difficulties.

Starting NX-OS 7.0(3)I6(1) we are supporting VXLAN with BGP EVPN on Nexus 9000v

-Lukas

Enabling VXLAN evpn esi multihoming will crash the VM .

I remember having this issue myself when testing ESI with N9kv.

What I did was turn on the feature and immediately do a "copy run start" then after it crashed it would come back up with ESI enabled and work.

I can't find anything saying whether this is explicitly supported or not so likely ESI wasn't tested with N9kv, which wouldn't be surprising as it doesn't work across all HW platforms currently. 

@brdewal2 wrote:

I remember having this issue myself when testing ESI with N9kv.

What I did was turn on the feature and immediately do a "copy run start" then after it crashed it would come back up with ESI enabled and work.

I can't find anything saying whether this is explicitly supported or not so likely ESI wasn't tested with N9kv, which wouldn't be surprising as it doesn't work across all HW platforms currently. 

Thanks. Will try again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: