Views
Helpful
Replies

Vpc in Vxlan Fabric

vishaw jasrotia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

I am running a spine leaf (9K) topology using Vxlan, deployed through DCNM. I have to run VPc in the leaf.

Is this require to connect separate Peer link and Keep live link as we do in traditional VPC implementation?

I had gone through some ACI docs where it mentioned that these separate connectivity are not required. Only spine leaf connectivity is required.

Please clear my doubt about this.

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

nazimkha
Level 4
Level 4

I think you are doing NXOS based VXLAN, then you require peer-link and keep-alive links as per traditional vPC. Not required in case of ACI

Remi Astruc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Vishaw,

Thanks to the next release 9.2(3), you will be able to get rid of the VPC PL by using the fabric uplinks, like you saw on ACI.

Remi Astruc

Hi, thank you for this explanation
in case of vPC Fabric Peering
peer-keepalive destination " " source " "
what should be the Src and Dst ? is the LO of VTEP primary IP in both switches or what ??

virtual peer-link destination " " source " " dscp 56
here the Dst could be a shared loopback in both spines ?

Same query for my side for source and destination IPs and commands. If anyone have VPC in VXLAN BGP-EVPN Fabric configuration steps please tag. No other dedicated link for keep-alive it will use fabric for keep-alive and peer-link.

@Remi Astruc @nazimkha 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: