cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IE-5000 Netconf configuration

akrapf_007
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to get netconf working between an IE-5000 and DNA Center.  After enabling netconf-yang, the switch will not open port 830 to allow netconf communication.  I have read and followed numerous guides Cisco has provided, but none have led me to the answer.  

My firmware certainly supports netconf, so this is a mystery.  My questions are:

• Do I have to create a specific user for netconf, or can I use the switch local administrator login?
  • Do I have to force netconf ssh or netconf legacy?
  • Can the port be assigned to something other than the default 830?  If so, how (I didn't see the command to do so).
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

akrapf_007
Level 1
Level 1

After a few back and forth with TAC, it turns out that there are several models of IE series switches that despite having the netconf-yang  or netconf commands in the os, are not really supportive of netconf.  The list of NON-SUPPORTED models include IE2000, IE3000, IE5000.  The IE3300 does support netconf.  I suggest reviewing the Cisco feature Navigation (https://cfnng.cisco.com) to see what features are supported with a particular switch.  

I was not aware of this tool, and it certainly helped me better understand the overall landscape.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello,

Considering my experience with other switches model, you dont need to do anything but enable netconf-yang. One thing I recommend you to check is the switch x DNAC version.

The supported versions on DNAC 2.3.3.6 are:

FlavioMiranda_0-1682889937070.png

akrapf_007
Level 1
Level 1

After a few back and forth with TAC, it turns out that there are several models of IE series switches that despite having the netconf-yang  or netconf commands in the os, are not really supportive of netconf.  The list of NON-SUPPORTED models include IE2000, IE3000, IE5000.  The IE3300 does support netconf.  I suggest reviewing the Cisco feature Navigation (https://cfnng.cisco.com) to see what features are supported with a particular switch.  

I was not aware of this tool, and it certainly helped me better understand the overall landscape.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: