cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IE-5000 Netconf configuration

akrapf_007
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to get netconf working between an IE-5000 and DNA Center.  After enabling netconf-yang, the switch will not open port 830 to allow netconf communication.  I have read and followed numerous guides Cisco has provided, but none have led me to the answer.  

My firmware certainly supports netconf, so this is a mystery.  My questions are:

• Do I have to create a specific user for netconf, or can I use the switch local administrator login?
  • Do I have to force netconf ssh or netconf legacy?
  • Can the port be assigned to something other than the default 830?  If so, how (I didn't see the command to do so).
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

akrapf_007
Level 1
Level 1

After a few back and forth with TAC, it turns out that there are several models of IE series switches that despite having the netconf-yang  or netconf commands in the os, are not really supportive of netconf.  The list of NON-SUPPORTED models include IE2000, IE3000, IE5000.  The IE3300 does support netconf.  I suggest reviewing the Cisco feature Navigation (https://cfnng.cisco.com) to see what features are supported with a particular switch.  

I was not aware of this tool, and it certainly helped me better understand the overall landscape.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello,

Considering my experience with other switches model, you dont need to do anything but enable netconf-yang. One thing I recommend you to check is the switch x DNAC version.

The supported versions on DNAC 2.3.3.6 are:

FlavioMiranda_0-1682889937070.png

akrapf_007
Level 1
Level 1

After a few back and forth with TAC, it turns out that there are several models of IE series switches that despite having the netconf-yang  or netconf commands in the os, are not really supportive of netconf.  The list of NON-SUPPORTED models include IE2000, IE3000, IE5000.  The IE3300 does support netconf.  I suggest reviewing the Cisco feature Navigation (https://cfnng.cisco.com) to see what features are supported with a particular switch.  

I was not aware of this tool, and it certainly helped me better understand the overall landscape.