Views
Helpful
Replies

3PCC - CME

Kim C
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Nowadays 3PCC Cisco IP Phones (eg.8800 series with MPP_firmware) can work with Microsoft Teams. What if WAN connection fails and Microsoft Teams server is not available (and we still have to make local calls), is it possible to fall back on a local Cisco-CME (with same phone) or do we always need a local CUBE / SBC ?

Thanks 

3 Replies 3

b.winter
VIP
VIP

If your internet connection is down, then you won't be able to phone.
I'm not an MS technician, but I don't know of any mechanism there, that allows the phones to fall back and register to a local GW. (like for Cisco phones with SRST).

"do we always need a local CUBE / SBC?" What does this question have to do with the rest?
A CUBE / SBC is just the interconnect between your provider and you PBX (e.g. Provider <--> SBC <--> MS teams)

This is ultimately a question for the MSFT forums since it’s their architecture you’re working within. I believe they call it a Survivable Branch Appliance, although I don’t know if it supports regular SIP phones.

Jonathan,

Thank you.

Correct, I found SBA vendors like Ribbon, Audiocodes who can provide (limited) telephony service when cloud connection fails. They have their own vendor specific "Teams" phones.

Regards,