cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
brian.koomen
Beginner

Cisco CM 11.5 - RTMT plugin and Java software license questions

I would like to know if the end users/companies of CISCO software are covered when downloading/installing Java on their computers.

Since Oracle stopped giving Java away for free (unless personal or development use) you need to purchase a license.

I was told I needed to install java on my computer by CISCO TAC in order to get the RTMT plugin to install.

So the questions is am I covered by existing CISCO licenses for downloading and installing Java from Oracle's website?  If so, where is the documentation to back it up?

If not what is CISCO's stance on this issue and what is being done to resolve it?

1 REPLY 1
Ritesh Desai
Contributor

@brian.koomen 

Hi below is the snippet from the letter received from Cisco to its partners. The snippet speaks specifically for Cisco Contact Center. To give you information, I am sharing the snippet with you which talks about JAVA going forward.

You need to once again check with your Cisco Partner on existing versions and parallel wait for rest of support members to suggest you more.

java.jpg

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai
Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad