Helpful
Replies

6941 Rejected in CUCM

Justin Hale
Level 1
Level 1

hi All,

Im running CUCM 8.0.3

Some users reported their phones stoped working. In CUCM the phones in question have a "Rejected" Status.

i check RTMT and also see them Rejected and the apparent reason is "AuthenticationError".

i just reset a previously registered phone, and now it also has the same Status of rejected.

has anyone seen this before

16 Replies 16

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Justin,

Any change which was done in Call Manager or IP phones?

regds,

aman

last thursday,

i uploaded SCCP69xx.9-3-3-2, but only updated a few phones for testing. according to my "firmware load" details,..only the 3 phones i specified have this new image.

i have checked RTM again, and can see around 200 phones all rejected and saying "AuthenticationError"

my device default is still set to SCCP69xx.9-0-3-0

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hello

Please tell me (about registeration of your Cisco Ip phones (auto or not)) , the CUCM group (what inlcude inside)?.

thank you

last thursday,

i uploaded SCCP69xx.9-3-3-2, but only updated a few phones for testing. according to my "firmware load" details,..only the 3 phones i specified have this new image.

i have checked RTM again, and can see around 200 phones all rejected and saying "AuthenticationError"

my device default is still set to SCCP69xx.9-0-3-0

Hello

kindly follow the below

1- For device - device setting - device default - make sure that the right firmware  for the required IP phone 6941 SCCP69xx.9-0-3-0 .

2- restart TFTP

2-Please do no add the firmware to device configuration  using Phone Load Name ( device - phone - on device page ) . if you did this please make load information  empty. This to allow the IP phone to get the Firmware directly from TFTP.

after that reset , restart H/W.

Thank you

please rate if this will help

Hi Kamal,

I think firmware should be set to SCCP69xx.9-3-3-2 in Phone Load Name sine the problem started due to this Load.

regds,

aman

Hi

SCCP69xx.9-0-3-0 is already in device defaults for 6921/6941/6961. i restarted TFTP services anyway. will get the users to reboot phones.

my 3 test phones have SCCP69xx.9-3-3-2 in Phone Load Name and are working as expected.

i cant explain what has happened here,..this has never happened to me before after adding firware files.

i will let it sit for a couple hours and see what happens

Hello

you have two ways to upgrade

1- using device default

2- Phone load name

one of them , if you will use two ways you will face problems.

Thank you

the CMG for this device pool is not configured for Auto-registration. only a CMG we use for staging has auto-registration.

all these phones are install 6 months ago using BAT.

cheers

Hi Justin,

What is the Active Load ID for your 3 test phones which are running SCCP69XX.9-3-3-2.

Are all your phones in the same geographical area as your CUCM; or the phones are downloading the firmware via WAN.

Thanks.

Check the phone load field for typo's. The authentication error is thrown when the phone tries to download an image for another phone type. (for example SCCP41... on a 7942 device.

The active phone load for the 3 test device is "SCCP69XX.9-3-3-2" there are no typo's i can see. all phones are 6941 and have the correct device type.

i checked a phone that should not have the new image, but it looks like it does,..and the old image it 9-0-3-0. i dont know how this happened if device default still say 9-0-3-0 and the phone load field is empty.

hmm

Hello

You have use the below

device default - use  SCCP69XX.9-3-3-2 (new image) , then restart TFTP .After that restart all IP phones H/W restart ( unplug ethernet cable and plug it again). That is all

You have two ways for upgrade

1- Load phone information  (SCCP69XX.9-3-3-2).

2-In device default

phone type (6941)    (SCCP69XX.9-3-3-2).

You can not use the two at the same time  , I recommend to you the second . Please try

Thank you

Hi,

I want to keep 9-0-3-0 for now. TFTP restarted.

tried a hardware reset, but no good, had to do factory reset then it registered no problems.

Are you sure you cannot use both methods at the same time?

As examble 6941/6921 have issues with voice quality when connected to 2960PS switches. so im another office we use image "SCCp69xx.9-2-0-79.r841rel" advised by Cisco. For these phone we only updated the "phone load" using BAT for these specific devices connected to 2960S switches.

We have done this for 3 years without issue.