Views
Helpful
Replies

7800/8800 ip phone MRA issue

ghostlee
Level 1
Level 1

hi,everybody

if anyone have deployed  7800or 8800 series ip phone in MRA scenario.    there is no problem  with jabber MRA fuction.   I create an enduser  for jabber and  7821 (the same user control  jabber and ip phone).   the phone firmware was  12.1 .  and I'm using the Public CA  on expressway-e and expressway-c.   the  problem is that  when the ip phone outside the enterprise network ,when i enter the domain and  user name/password . the  ip phone failed to register.  but once I  login the jabber  with the same user   outside the enterprise network, the ip phone  will  success to  register  via MRA.  is there any other config  I need to notice? 

5 Replies 5

Heloo,

Are you getting any error in the Cisco IP phone?
Did you check the public CA is listed in the document available in below URL,
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/dx/series/ca/CA-Trust-List.docx
If it is included in the above list, could you please try to take a packet capture from the phone and share here.

Regards,
Shalid
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the star icon below.

hi, Shalid Kurunnan

I have checked the  public CA is  list in CA-Trust-List document. the attachment  are console log of  ip phone and the capture  on ip phone.

hi, Shalid Kurunnan

I have  captured  the whole process when the  phone try to login .the attactment  are the ip phone console log and  expe log  with  package capture. could you please help  to analyse the issue .thanks a lot

hi, Shalid Kurunnan

I have  captured  the whole process when the  phone try to login .the attactment  are the ip phone console log and  expe log  with  package capture. could you please help  to analyse the issue .thanks a lot

the  capture on ip phone