cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7841 Phone Hardware Revision

Richard Simmons
Level 3
Level 3

When converting a phone from Enterprise to Multi-Platform firmware, there is a minimum requirement for the phone hardware revision, as detailed in the article below;

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/unified-ip-phone-7800-series/guide-c07-742786.html

Is the Hardware Revision this is displayed within the IP Phone Web Server the same piece of information as displayed on the back of the phone?

Example phone web server;

Service mode Enterprise
Service domain  
Service state Idle
MAC Address XXXXXXXXXXX
Host Name SEPXXXXXXXXXX
Phone DN 2009
App Load ID rootfs78xx.11-5-1-18
Boot Load ID sboot78xx.11-5-1-18
Version sip78xx.11-5-1-18
Hardware Revision 33
Serial Number XXXXXXXXXX
Model Number CP-7841

Thanks in advance

Richard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

I believe you want to look at the version rather than the hardware revision in my case below it is V05 (so yes it is on the phone web page):

7841.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

I believe you want to look at the version rather than the hardware revision in my case below it is V05 (so yes it is on the phone web page):

7841.png

wshuffman
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a report or an SQL query that would give this information?  

I didnt find an SQL query to gather this information, in the end, I wrote a python script to web-scrap each phone's web-services page.

Can you share that python script please?

RL5901
Level 1
Level 1

If you are considering migrating from CUCM (Enterprise) to Webex Calling (MPP) AND you have access to the Webex Control Hub (with Webex Calling enabled as a trial or otherwise) you can use the Migration Tool (in the Services section) to determine whether your Cisco 7841 IP phones (or any other phones) are eligible for migration. The tool will check the Hardware Version for you based on the MAC address you add to the CSV. The YouTube video "Migrate Enterprise Phones to MPP Firmware in Webex Control Hub" will help you with the file setup.

I performed a Phone Export from BAT in CUCM, manipulated the Device Name to give me the MAC address (=right(cell#, 12), where cell# is the cell that holds the Device Name). Then copy/paste values only from the results of your formula to strip off the "SEP" from the Device Name. I used the Description for the Username field, Place was entered as Type, Extension, etc. (pretty self-explanatory, but ask a question if you need help here). 

After the eligibility check, you can simply Download the eligibility results file and cancel the migration task. This eligibility check method will work with any Cisco IP phone model. 

Unfortunately, I found out that of the 151 Cisco 7841 phones only 4 of them were V04 or later (and thus only 4 were eligible). 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: