Views
Helpful
Replies

7911 phones are not registering

Syed
Level 3
Level 3

Dear All,

I have got a couple of 7911 phones running on SCCP11.9-4-2SR1-1S firmware which are not registering, and show rejected status. I deleted the phones and added back but no luck. What could be the reason?

For your information, only 5 out of 350 are not registering.

callmanager version: 8.5.1

Thank you in advance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are couple of things which you can perform.

1st: Configure one of these phones in CUCM using SIP protocol and then back to SCCP.

2nd: Factory reset one of these phones and check.

Suresh

View solution in original post

1. I believe this is happening to all phones. if it is happening only for some phone which are having the firmware SCCP11.9-4-2SR1-1S. Please downgrade firmware and check.

2. Please try to delete ITL file and check. do factory reset.

3.Try changing network port of the non working phone to working phone and check.

4.was this phones are working fine with same firmware.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

jonathanlunt
Level 1
Level 1

I've seen this happen before when the license on the CUCM has run out. Can you confirm your license can stretch to fit these 5 devices? 

Hi Jonathan,

I have 91 units remaining and the users say when he unplug the LAN cable and plug back it just working for sometime. 

For the rejected reason it can be the license issue and also you can go to Call Routing > Route plan report and delete all unassigned directory numbers from there. If the issue still persists despite licenses and DN's being available then you need to get a packet capture for one of these phones while its trying to register and gets stuck on registering.

Manish

1. I believe this is happening to all phones. if it is happening only for some phone which are having the firmware SCCP11.9-4-2SR1-1S. Please downgrade firmware and check.

2. Please try to delete ITL file and check. do factory reset.

3.Try changing network port of the non working phone to working phone and check.

4.was this phones are working fine with same firmware.

There seems to be network issue, these phones are receiving data segment ip address instead of voice segment, working on this, will keep you posted.

Thank you

So you mean to say, this phones are able to registered when you connect the phones to another network port.

Yes, they are working on another network ports.

These phones were connected to one of the modules on chasis 4500 switch and the module had some issues.

New switch installed and connections moved, and the phones are up and running fine.

Thank you for your help & support

Have you put the relevant switch config in? 

Switch access vlan X

Switch voice vlan X

?

That would suggest either a problem with the phone itself or a underlying problem in your configuration. If you can mirror the port its plugged into and do a packet capture whilst the phone starts and stops working I would be happy to look over it for you. 

Since the phones are at remote location, I shall provided the capture shortly.

Thank you for your help

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are couple of things which you can perform.

1st: Configure one of these phones in CUCM using SIP protocol and then back to SCCP.

2nd: Factory reset one of these phones and check.

Suresh

Hi Suresh,

Tried above steps but no luck yet. when I tried to register it using sip I saw it was registered and after DN confirguration it got rejected again.

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Check the phone logs to see if it gives a clue. Mine were showing ITL download errors, so I had to reset the security settings (But a full firmware reset should do this too)

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.