cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7937 Conf Phone POE ?

rossporubski
Level 4
Level 4

As our 7936 conf phone ac adapters burn out, we'll be replacing the entire phone with POE 7937's.

Today I got my first 7937 which I'd like to configure. However, when I connect it to the LAN, I don't get any power. Does the switch port have to be configured at a specific duplex in order for the phone to accept power? All of the phones on the network are already POE. This is the first of the 7937 variation I'm adding to the Call Manager at this facility.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What kind of switch is it?   If its not class 3 (or older POE switch) then it wont power up.

The Cisco Unified Conference Station 7937G  supports IEEE 803.af PoE Class 3, which allows powering from any of the  Cisco Inline Power-capable blades and boxes. In addition, the Conference  Station can be powered locally with a power supply (part number  CP-PWR-CUBE-3) when combined with the Cisco Unified IP Conference  Station 7937G Power Splitter.

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/ps8759/product_data_sheet0900aecd806e021a.html

This phone does support IEEE802.3af so this should work as long as you are plugging into a port that does indeed have PoE.  Try doing a "show inline power" on the switch you are connecting the phone to.

It's the switch, thanks guys. I went into the lab and popped it on one of our test environment switches and it worked fine. Had to put a power dsign in to support the new conf phone.

Thanks for the help.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey T-Cat and Brian,

Nice catch here guys! +5 for both

Cheers!

Rob

PS: nice to see you back here Tommer!