Views
Helpful
Replies

7942 & 7962 stuck Upgrading

kevbo
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

I have recently configured a 7942 on CUCM 7.1(3), the phone was stuck on configuring IP so I did a factory reset and now it is stuck on Upgrading., I can anyone help?

TFTP server is OK

New phones register OK

(I did a factory reset on a working 7962 and that is also stuck on configuring IP)

regards

Kev

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Kev

Most important things are

- dhcp properly assigning option 150, pointed to your CUCM

- TFTP having the correct files (which are pretty much the same for a 7942 and a 7962).

I know you say that TFTP is OK, and that phones normally register OK... but something must be wrong!

Do you normally configure any settings on the phones manually (VLAN, TFTP etc?)

If you think you have a proper DHCP setup, then I would set the pub TFTP logging to detailed and restart the dead phone. Check the logs, and watch for the phone requesting files. Let us know what it requests.

If it doesn't request anything, check your DHCP setup again.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Kev

The other thing to be aware of - you can't always upgrade directly following factory resets to recent signed images that are stored on the CUCM server.

What I've often had to do is install to an interim release (via a separate TFTP server), and then upgrade to the latest firmware that is installed on CUCM. You can use good old 3CDAEMON for this. I tend to find that you can't upgrade to signed images following a fatory reset. What I've generally done is download a non signed image from CCO, load this on a temporary TFTP Server, upgrade the phone from this following a factory reset, and then once done register with CUCM which will then upgrade successfully.

HTH. Barry

Chaps

Thank you for the assistance. The issue was down to 802.1x, I mistakenly thought 802.1x config had been removed from the connected switchport. Once it was removed and the phones rebooted all good.

Cheers

Kev

Hello All,

I'm taking this old post, since i have the same issue.

I have made a factory reset on a 7962 and now is stucked on the upgrading screen, but i need to input the tftp manually but i cant access the menu.

Any toughts on how can i access the menu?