Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

79xx Phones and Upgrade to UCM 14.0

have a customer that we are going to be upgrading from 12.5 to 14.0 in the near term.

They still have a bunch of 79xx phones that are not deprecated (yet) in 14.0.

Just wondering if anyone has upgraded to 14.0 and the phone are still working or did you really need to get them replaced?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I have almost 15 clusters which are on 14 and they all have 79XX,89XX, 69XX.. As you are aware no support will be available in case if there is an issues with the those phones. No critical issues observed yet post migration which we completed last year.

We are replacing them batch by batch as these devices are EOL.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

The list of any deprecated phones would be in the release notes. That's said there where no phones that where deprecated in 14 as compared to 12.5, so no you should not need to replace then on the account of that.

Response Signature

Customer and I have read the Release notes.  The question is really has anyone done the upgrade to 14.x and the 79xx phones still worked?

Yes we have done that and it works.

Response Signature

If you have got an answer to your question please make sure to mark the appropriate answer as the solution.

Response Signature

I have almost 15 clusters which are on 14 and they all have 79XX,89XX, 69XX.. As you are aware no support will be available in case if there is an issues with the those phones. No critical issues observed yet post migration which we completed last year.

We are replacing them batch by batch as these devices are EOL.

Response Signature

I have upgraded CUCM cluster to version 14 which contains a lot of 79XX and 89XX phones and works fine without any issues.

BalajiSivaraj49175
Spotlight
Spotlight

yes phone works properly with the new version of CUCM