cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8832 conference phone wireless

critchey880
Level 1
Level 1

I can see that a 8832 conference phone works with CME 12.3.  What I am not sure on is can you use the wireless with CME or is it strictly usable with CUCM?  Any help/info grea

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

if its regarding connecting the phone through WIFI instead of Wired lan , there is no difference if you connect it wired or WIFI. it works. Only thing you need is a power cube to power up the 8832 since its not connected through the POE switch. 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The following table lists the support and protocol compatibility for the Cisco IP Phones.

Table 1. Cisco IP Phones, Support, and Firmware Release Compatibility

Cisco IP Phone

Protocol

Support Requirements

SIP

Cisco Unified Communications Manager 10.5(2) and later

Cisco Unified Communications Manager time zone update 2016d or later

SRST 8.0 (IOS load 15.1(1)T) and above

Cisco Expressway 8.7

SIP

Unified CME 12.3 (Cisco IOS XE Fuji 16.9.1 release)

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”

Sorry but this does not state whether wifi is compatible with CME or not.  Any other documentation you could point me too?

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

See below already stated compatible with unified CME with 12.3 IOS XE or above.

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.

Yes, I understand, the 8832 is compatible with CME.  That is not the question I am asking here.  The question is can you use a 8832 phone with wifi on CME.  All the documentation for the 8832, in regards to wifi, seems to indicate you need to make changes through the CUCM and there is no mention of CME.  This is why I am asking can you use a Cisco 8832 with wifi on a CME system. There is nothing in the documentation that states clearly you can use CME with wifi and how you would do so.

if its regarding connecting the phone through WIFI instead of Wired lan , there is no difference if you connect it wired or WIFI. it works. Only thing you need is a power cube to power up the 8832 since its not connected through the POE switch. 

Response Signature

Thank you that is exactly the question I was looking to get answered.

I have 8832 running with wired mics on CME, hope your question is regarding the dect Microphones. AFAIK it works. 

Response Signature

Nope, not asking about wired microphones, asking if a 8832 can connect wirelessly (through wifi) to a CME system.

Definitely you can connect throw wireless for this setup you need wireless access point and to connect phone with wireless.

Standalone access point side I have no idea but you can connect this with wireless lan controller and the the configuration it will download from wlc based on your configuration which you have configured on AP groups.

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.