cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8845 Has a strange status message.

kmusgraves
Level 1
Level 1

I had an 8845 phone stop working suddenly yesterday. The phone was completely shut down like no power. We reached out to the user and had them perform a hard reboot. After unplugged and re-plugged

up the phone the functionality was restored. As normal when we get these rare happening we check the status messages. We found an odd message in the message log. The message was as follows

"[4:06:44am 06/12/18] LastTimeLocalResetPhoneToldToDestroy" has anybody out there seen anything like this. Please advise if you know what this message means.

Doc

11 Replies 11

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

That's a weird message. Could you share the CUCM version and the phone load and running firmware version.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

CUCM ver:10.5.2.15900-8hone

Phone Load:sip8845_65.11-7-1-17

Firmware:sip8845_65.11-0-1-11

Just curios, did you able to resolve this ? Got confused why the answer got solved!

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

No answer as of yet.

Not resolved. Still looking for a answer about this message.

Oh ok. Thats the reason I asked that. You marked your post as "Answered"

Anyways, your current version is sip8845_65.11-7-1-17. I have seen numerous trouble posts with this firmware. Could you try upgrading to the latest 12.X  and give a shot.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

I removed the reply containing only software versions as an accepted solution.

I’ll also second Ratheesh’s recommendation to get off of 11.7(1). That build had several major defects. The 12.1(1) release has been looking solid so far.

Hello:

Same with System Version: 11.5.1.15900-18 and Cisco 8841 and: sip88xx.12-5-1SR2-2

Dub

magnum629
Level 4
Level 4

FYI - This firmware version (11.7.1.17) for the 7821 phones has the same issue and error message. 

I got the message when the phone was plugged into a NAC port and I pushed a CAPF operation to the phone, the phone bricked and "LastTimeLocalResetPhoneToldToDestroy" was one of the status messages I found in the phone > admin settings > status messages. 

As for the CAPF operation not working, I have a workaround for it if anyone needs it.

The phone works now by disconnecting the data cable for a hard reboot.. I just was curios to what cause the issue.

HI,

Could you share the workaround for this issue, because i have some phones 7821 and I notice this messages.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: