cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8845 phone - Control Hub won't recognize MAC address

daniball
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have an 8845 phone that I successfully migrated to MPP firmware and registered to Webex. (I did this using the Migration card in Control Hub under "Updates and Migrations.")

Everything was working great!!!! But.... the Webex account I used to migrate and register the phone was just a lab in dCloud, which eventually expired, and I no longer have access to it.

When I booted up a new lab in dCloud, I tried to register the same phone, but Webex would not recognize the MAC address. So I did a factory reset on the phone, just like I'd normally do on a DX80 or other Telepresence endpoint.... but now the phone is saying ""Provide the migration license. Contact your administrator." 

To fix this problem, I've tried to...

-Factory reset the phone a second time

-Migrate the phone back to Enterprise and then back to MPP

-Use the Migration card again (and ensuring every field in the .csv file is correct).

None of the above has worked. I found some documentation suggesting that the problem can be fixed if I go back into control hub where I first registered the phone and delete it from control hub; however, I cannot do this because that was a just a lab, which has expired and I do not have access to that specific account anymore.

I'm all out of ideas. Any help would be immensely appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You’ll need to reach out to the dCloud support team and explain the situation to them. That MAC must be deleted from the other org ID before you can use it again.

Also, it’s expected that a migration is required again if you move an originally Enterprise firmware phone to another tenant; the license is org-specific.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You’ll need to reach out to the dCloud support team and explain the situation to them. That MAC must be deleted from the other org ID before you can use it again.

Also, it’s expected that a migration is required again if you move an originally Enterprise firmware phone to another tenant; the license is org-specific.

Thank you. It took a while, but the dCloud peeps were able to do something... have no idea what, but I'm able to add the mac address now.  thanks again!