cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8945 Unable to setup video

kpharris999
Level 1
Level 1

I am testing video calls with 8945 IP phones on Call Manager 9.x.   The two phones are in the same VLAN.   When I place a call between the two phones I receive an "unable to setup video" message on the called phone.   I believe all of the correct configurations are in-place.   Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

Check the Codec relationship

Could you please explain in better detail where this option is or what it's function is etc? Alternatively, do you know of any other things to check that could cause this issue? Just this past week we have had 2 branch locations that are experiencing the same error message at random. No updates have happened since that I know of, I'm confused why only certain parts of our partition seem to be affected. Thanks in advance for your time!

AW

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Can you cross-check on the CUCM for these 2 phones that under the "Product Specific Configuration Layout" the Video Capabilities are enabled?

Hope this helps,

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Additionally, you should also check on the CUCM under Region Information, the codecs and the Bandwith allowance that you have allocated per region.

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think this is related to CAC Settings.

Find the Location of Each Phone and Set the Video Bandwidth Properly. 

Below might be helpfu

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/cucm-region-vs-location-video-bandwidth/td-p/1488224

Thanks,

Haris

>>>>Please rate and mark correct answers as applicable