cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

$900.00 Paperweight

smoothsailor46
Level 1
Level 1

Just received my first two 8832's.  GUESS WHAT?!?! There's not a **bleep** thing inside that box that powers that bad boy up.  NOPE, you gotta spit out some more money if you want this piece of **bleep** to do ANYTHING!  So, I just paid $1800.00 for a stupid ass Cisco labeled paperweight.  So every time I have a customer, vendor or guest come into my office and ask what that brick is sitting on my stack of papers, I'm going to tell them that the greedy, dumbass, Cisco Corporate monkey show makes the best paperweights in the industry. 

Thanks a lot Cisco! You're about as useful as an **bleep** on my elbow.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Understand your frustration, to me its a wrong call made by your presales guys or whoever sold you this unit. But you know what! cant blame Cisco. This is very clearly mentioned in the release notes of 8832 under ordering section.

Here are the recommended ordering options based on the power sources:

●   Power over Ethernet (PoE): A Cisco IP Conference Phone 8832 Ethernet Injector is required. Please order CP-8832-K9, CP-8832-W-K9, CP-8832-EU-K9, CP-8832-EU-W-K9 or CP-8832-NR-K9, which includes the Ethernet injector inside the base package.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/unified-ip-phone-8800-series/datasheet-c78-739624.html

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Understand your frustration, to me its a wrong call made by your presales guys or whoever sold you this unit. But you know what! cant blame Cisco. This is very clearly mentioned in the release notes of 8832 under ordering section.

Here are the recommended ordering options based on the power sources:

●   Power over Ethernet (PoE): A Cisco IP Conference Phone 8832 Ethernet Injector is required. Please order CP-8832-K9, CP-8832-W-K9, CP-8832-EU-K9, CP-8832-EU-W-K9 or CP-8832-NR-K9, which includes the Ethernet injector inside the base package.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/unified-ip-phone-8800-series/datasheet-c78-739624.html

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@smoothsailor46 wrote:

There's not a **bleep** thing inside that box that powers that bad boy up. 

What part number was ordered?  In it's simplest "form", the "CP-8832-K9" is meant to have "an Ethernet injector or a 18W power adapter along with a 9.8-ft (3-m) USB-C cable" to power up the unit.

The only reason why the unit doesn't come with a power injector is when someone ordered a "CP-8832-K9=" and the "=" means "base unit ONLY without any Ethernet or power adapters."

WOW..... A single "="?

If Cisco is ever wondering why people think ordering their gear is tricky we can show them this....

@Maren Mahoney wrote:

If Cisco is ever wondering why people think ordering their gear is tricky we can show them this....

Well, it's going to get worst when Cisco START goes worldwide.