Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9971 with two lines

Hi everybody!

If there's a user that has a 9971 with two lines (201 and 202), is it possible for him two answer directly (without pressing any button) not only an incoming call with 201 but also with 202?

I understand that you can answer directly with your first line (201 in this case) but if you want to answer a call coming from 202 line (secondary line), then you have to press a button first in order to take it. Can you avoid pressing the button and just answer the call?

Hope you understand what I mean and you're able to help me with this issue. Many thanks.

Regards.

Pat

5 Replies 5

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

For incoming call you do not have to select any thing. As soon as you pick up the handset or press the speaker button the call get connected. It does not matter which line call is coming both will be auto answered.

regards

Ronak patel

Rate helpful posts by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Thanks for your reply Ronak.

The thing is that for the 2nd line, the client has to press one of the buttons to the right of the device display. How can you avoid this?

Best,

Pat

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Pat,

Can you please let us know what you are using for Call control? CME, CUCM?

Cheers!

Rob

"Always movin' ahead and never lookin' back" - Springsteen

Hi Rob,

The client is using CUCM.

Best,

Pat

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Pat,

The setting that controls this in CUCM is called

Always use Prime Line (you will need to set this to Disable)

This can be set on the device page.

Cheers!

Rob

PS: this can also be set on a Cluster-wide basis;

Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone) - Always use prime Line

"Always movin' ahead and never lookin' back" - Springsteen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: