cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add delay to outbound SIP call

Bill Mungaven
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 11.5.1, SU9. 1 Publisher, 6 Subscribers. Inbound calls from PSTN are via PRI circuits terminating to 3945 (MGCP) to CUCM. Outbound calls to PSTN via SIP trunks connected to 3945 CUBE.

I have a customer who call forwards their 7940 phone off-premise to a cell phone. Occasionally, the call drops or disconnects when answering the cell phone. Most of the time the call successfully forwards with no problem. I suspect the call hasn't completely set up between inbound leg and final destination which is causing the call drop.

The call flow is:

Inbound PSTN via PRI -> 3945 router (MGCP) -> CUCM -> 7940 phone which is all calls forwarded to outside number (9-1-XXX-XXX-XXXX) -> 3945 SIP CUBE router -> out to PSTN via SIP trunk.

I'd like to see if it's possible to insert a 2- to 3-second pause before releasing the call to the SIP trunk to give the far-end time to fully set up the call, sort of a simulating a supervised transfer. I did some searching and looked through dial peer configurations and didn't find a command to delay before cutting through the call. I may not be using the right terminology to find what I need.

Has anyone done this or knows of a way to add some delay before releasing the call to the SIP trunk?

1 Reply 1

AFAIK there is no option to achieve what you ask for.

Response Signature