cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add delay to outbound SIP call

Bill Mungaven
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 11.5.1, SU9. 1 Publisher, 6 Subscribers. Inbound calls from PSTN are via PRI circuits terminating to 3945 (MGCP) to CUCM. Outbound calls to PSTN via SIP trunks connected to 3945 CUBE.

I have a customer who call forwards their 7940 phone off-premise to a cell phone. Occasionally, the call drops or disconnects when answering the cell phone. Most of the time the call successfully forwards with no problem. I suspect the call hasn't completely set up between inbound leg and final destination which is causing the call drop.

The call flow is:

Inbound PSTN via PRI -> 3945 router (MGCP) -> CUCM -> 7940 phone which is all calls forwarded to outside number (9-1-XXX-XXX-XXXX) -> 3945 SIP CUBE router -> out to PSTN via SIP trunk.

I'd like to see if it's possible to insert a 2- to 3-second pause before releasing the call to the SIP trunk to give the far-end time to fully set up the call, sort of a simulating a supervised transfer. I did some searching and looked through dial peer configurations and didn't find a command to delay before cutting through the call. I may not be using the right terminology to find what I need.

Has anyone done this or knows of a way to add some delay before releasing the call to the SIP trunk?

1 Reply 1

AFAIK there is no option to achieve what you ask for.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: