Helpful
Replies

Adding Ports and/or MCS Servers for Unity connection 8.5

gonzalo-castro
Level 1
Level 1

HI all,

I would appreciate your help with this,

Our customer needs to add more ports to the Unity Connection platform that resides in a MCS7825I4 servers (2 with HA) 8.5 version.

Today he has 45 ports (90 in total), but needs to increase 30 more at least.

He has 54 remotes sites with isr routers,

the questions are:

1) It is ok or allowed to add one more server (MCS78xx) to the existing ones? (three in networking?/Cluster?)

2) What about if we attend the incoming calls locally (in each site) adding ports to the routers? Do I Need ISM in this case I guess, IsnĀ“t it?

3) May I Migrate the unity licenses to a UCS Server (both in this case) with H.A to complete 122 ports?

I'm really confuse with this case, I would appreciate your help,

Which would be the best option?

I appreciate,

Best Regards

Gonzalo Castro

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

7825 is a plafrom  overlay 1 which per the following doc supports up to 48 ports per server, so with 45 ports per server you are pretty much at the limit.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/supported_platforms/8xcucspl.html#wp761830

1. UCXN cluster is made of up to 2 servers, no way to add additional servers to cluster, but you can build another cluster and integrate via intra-link

2. There is no solution at this time that will allow you to integrate remote site CUE to centralized UCXN, there used to be UMG that supported it but it has been EOS, you can implement individual CUEs at each site and integrate via 1 to 1 VPIM connections, but it will be ugly and difficult to manage, not to mention that every system will be separate.

3. As long as your system is under support you can definitely have your user licenses re-hosted, port licenses are free of chanrge anyway and you can get up to as many as the platform supports.

My recommendation is to keep the solution centralized, but upgrade it to larger platform that supports more ports, you above provided link provides details on how many ports are supported per UCS OVA template.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

7825 is a plafrom  overlay 1 which per the following doc supports up to 48 ports per server, so with 45 ports per server you are pretty much at the limit.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/supported_platforms/8xcucspl.html#wp761830

1. UCXN cluster is made of up to 2 servers, no way to add additional servers to cluster, but you can build another cluster and integrate via intra-link

2. There is no solution at this time that will allow you to integrate remote site CUE to centralized UCXN, there used to be UMG that supported it but it has been EOS, you can implement individual CUEs at each site and integrate via 1 to 1 VPIM connections, but it will be ugly and difficult to manage, not to mention that every system will be separate.

3. As long as your system is under support you can definitely have your user licenses re-hosted, port licenses are free of chanrge anyway and you can get up to as many as the platform supports.

My recommendation is to keep the solution centralized, but upgrade it to larger platform that supports more ports, you above provided link provides details on how many ports are supported per UCS OVA template.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris