cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding primary line extension when inserting phones.

SammyD007
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I am using CUCM vers. 12.5.1; I often do bulk uploads in terms of inserting phones into CUCM. I have yet to be able to find anywhere a way to add the primary extension association for a user (picture included). So basically, what I am trying to ask is how can I, while inserting phones from the bulk upload spreadsheet, populate this field as well. As of right now every bulk upload I do I have to go manually phone by phone and go into the line to populate this field in each device. Thank you in advance for your help.

3 Replies 3

I don't know of a way to do this with BAT import. If you create phones via Universal Device/Universal Line Templates this happens automatically.

However, I addressed your question in a webinar I did for Cisco in 2020. The video is at the following link and what you are looking for starts around time hack 52:40. As long as the end-user has their device as a Controlled Device it is surprisingly simple.

CUCM Bulk Administration Tool: Practical Things You Can Use Every Day 

When I show the "result" I show it from the User side, but it shows on the Line side as well.

Let me know if you have questions.

Maren

Thank you, I will look into that and give it a shot as well as view the seminar video.

Use self provisioning. Owner ID, End user association everything will be done automatically. Using self provision, i get rid of all such task of associating owner, associating device with enduser etc..

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/214233-configure-self-provisioning-feature-on-c.html

Response Signature