cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Admin Password for 3PCC/MPP Firmware Phones AFTER it registers to Webex Calling

jriacono5
Level 1
Level 1

Please do not say it should be blank. That does not work. I need to get into admin advanced but cannot figure out what the password is supposed to be. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I spoke with TAC last night. They don't give out the admin password. Once a phone registers with webex calling, you only have access to the user account.

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23

Geovani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

The admin password for Webex Calling registered devices are set by the Webex Calling administrator. 

Please contact your platform administrator. 

Thanks 

As an admin of my control hub, where can I change the admin password for the phones ?

Why don't you read the full thread or at least the "accepted solution"? Your question has already been answered in the "accepted solution"...

I don't see mention of changing the admin password as stated in documentation. Not sure what your response even proves. You can see beginner beside my name. 

You either don't read the the message in the "accepted solution" and / or you don't understand it: There is no option in Control hub to change it!!
=> Once the phone registers to Webex Calling, you will loose the admin access to the phone.

@birdman2876 wrote:

As an admin of my control hub, where can I change the admin password for the phones ?

That was answered in this thread more than three years ago.

image.png

Response Signature

Okay. Thank you.

Brandon.Wood
Level 1
Level 1
@jriacono5 did you ever figure out the password. I have been digging through my webex admin console for an hour and can't figure out where the admin password is set for the devices.

I couldn't find it either... I wrote in my notes that it was admin/admin but I don't think that is right. I was able to circumvent the issue I needed to access the admin page for a different way. I was trying to do an Ent2MPP conversion and I realized later that the licenses I uploaded to the portal weren't being found by the phone. I ended up taking the phone and putting it on a switch that wasn't on the internet so I could factory reset it, and then upgrade and license the phone using a tftp server on my laptop. Not sure if any of this is useful to you but I wish you luck! Please reply back if you end up figuring the credentials out.

When the phone is registered to Webex Calling, the admin password will change. The Webex calling admin will have the details.

Ok.... I am the Webex Calling Admin. Where in the admin interface does the password get set?

Typically the phone downloads an xml file with the admin password on it. 

Please find out what password is being sent by the provisioning server. 

It uses the below parameter: 

<Admin_Password ua="na">

Ok... How do you do that? Wouldn't that file be encrypted since it has passwords in it?

I'm not actually sure how that is configured on the Webex Calling platform. Maybe someone else in the forum can advise?! 

You can also open a TAC case to get more information.