cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alert for device going online

SammyD007
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am looking to see if there is a way to setup a notification of a device coming online through CUCM. I have phone tickets that I check on each phone manually to see if it has gone online to close the ticket and I would like to know if I can set up some sort of email notification to tell me when the device goes online so that I don't have to manually check every device I am waiting for. Thank you.

4 Replies 4

AFAIK there is no such alert which sends email when a phone becomes online. 

Response Signature

AFAIK there is nothing out of the box that would do what you ask about. If at all possible you’ll need to create this functionality yourself by leveraging API calls to collect information from CM via an off system script.

Response Signature

In CUCM  there is an "error" which is "Level-6 Informational" that is generated every time an endpoint registers. These are visible in the Alternate Syslog under Syslog Viewer in RTMT. (I'm sure there's a way to see it on the command line as well.)

The only thing I can think of to do what you are asking is to set up a remote syslog server, change the level of what goes to the syslog server as "informational", uncheck the box to exclude endpoint alarms, and then set up the remote syslog itself to email you when certain messages arrive.

The syslog server will get A LOT of messages, so you'd have to be careful to purge regularly.

Phone registration information can also be seen on the CLI using the command show risdb query phone. All phones that have registered in the last 72 hours will be listed. You may be able to set up a script that will log in, run the show command, log out and then email you when certain phones register. (How that would be done is not in my skillset...)

HTH

Maren

I will have to give this a shot, thank you very much, I appreciate the feedback.