Views
Helpful
Replies

Azure IdP SSO for Unity Connection 403 error

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

Hello,

I have the SAML SSO test completing successfully from the CUC admin console but when I try to login with SSO I get:

Description: http.403

research tells me that this is most likely a user attribute mapping error but not sure how to proceed.  I used a doc from Cisco and also tried one from Microsoft (Microsoft had newer date) that use different attributes and claims but both give the 403 error.

I I test from Azure I get: 

https://cuc.mydomain.com/ssosp/error?id=1000000

error while processing SAML response

TIA,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I used these two links:

Azure Active Directory SSO integration with Cisco Unity Connection - Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Learn

SAML SSO Microsoft Azure Identity Provider - Cisco

These docs specify different attributes for the uid but neither worked for me.  I noticed uid in my CUC was UPN and this is because my Webex Connected UC directory sync is sending email address to CUC LDAP.

When I realized this, I changed uid claim to  user.userprincipalname and it started working (in my env email address also is same as UPN).  The Azure SAML troubleshooter was very helpful showing SAML responses from CUC.

Thank you

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

If you could share the claim setup in the IdP and the documentation that you referenced it would help us help you.

Response Signature

I used these two links:

Azure Active Directory SSO integration with Cisco Unity Connection - Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Learn

SAML SSO Microsoft Azure Identity Provider - Cisco

These docs specify different attributes for the uid but neither worked for me.  I noticed uid in my CUC was UPN and this is because my Webex Connected UC directory sync is sending email address to CUC LDAP.

When I realized this, I changed uid claim to  user.userprincipalname and it started working (in my env email address also is same as UPN).  The Azure SAML troubleshooter was very helpful showing SAML responses from CUC.

Thank you

Great that you got it to work and thanks for sharing what you did to resolve your issue. That’s very helpful for others.

Response Signature