cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Banner on cisco 7942G

saul.reyes
Level 1
Level 1

Can i change the banner from telephone cisco 7942 and erase the directory number?

Attached the image and red line show the DN that need to erase from display

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am assuming you have CUCM, if so then the number observed in upper right corner comes from "External phone number mask" field on the DN. If the filed is blank then the DN is put there.  If you want it to show something else then overwrite the external phone number mask.  Keep in mind though that depending no your system configuration the filed may also be used to populate caller ID on outbound calls.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You need to edit the "Line Text Label" field on the Directory number page on cucm.

Manish

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am assuming you have CUCM, if so then the number observed in upper right corner comes from "External phone number mask" field on the DN. If the filed is blank then the DN is put there.  If you want it to show something else then overwrite the external phone number mask.  Keep in mind though that depending no your system configuration the filed may also be used to populate caller ID on outbound calls.

+5 to Chris.

Just to add that on cucme you have to configure "description" under ephone-dn config to let the phone to show that "banner"

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

thanks

the External phone number mask was a solution.