Views
Helpful
Replies

BE4000 deploying from Cloud

E.
Level 1
Level 1

I am just deploying a BE4000 (ISR4321).

1. We make the https://be4000.cisco.com/deploy settings on Cloud > users > phones > extensions > T1 > ISP send digits .., bar bar bar

2. Generate the code on Cisco Smart Account

3. Connect the g0/0 port to Internet

4. Enter the code and enter the Serial Number of BE4000 device

5. The Cloud can recognize the BE4000 and pushing the configurations to the BE4000.

6. Got the error check on PVDM <--- Any idea?

(That is the bundle hardware with T1 card with PVDM 64M)

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you made sure that the NIM card has the PVDM installed on it ?

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvi58820/?reffering_site=dumpcr

View solution in original post

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
So the BE4k appliance would have the PVDM sure, but is it installed on the NIM card ? NIM card won't use the DSP's if the PVDM is on the appliance motherboard. It has to be ON the NIM card.

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Like I have said in the previous 2 posts, you need to have the PVDM ON THE NIM card. NIM card CANNOT use the mobo PVDM. Open up the appliance, unscrew the card from the mobo, screw it on the NIM and restart the deployment.

12 Replies 12

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Add a snapshot for the error.

Here you are

57F9E621-B608-4EFF-B8F9-8454CD50DE64.jpeg

Here you are

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you made sure that the NIM card has the PVDM installed on it ?

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvi58820/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Sure, I can see the PVDM 64 during my console on booting up the BE4000 and the light is correct, just the Cloud cloud not detect my bundle PVDM-64 of T1 card 

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
So the BE4k appliance would have the PVDM sure, but is it installed on the NIM card ? NIM card won't use the DSP's if the PVDM is on the appliance motherboard. It has to be ON the NIM card.

Yes, the PVDM is on the appliance motherboard. It have, but is cloud not verify on the Cloud processing ...

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Like I have said in the previous 2 posts, you need to have the PVDM ON THE NIM card. NIM card CANNOT use the mobo PVDM. Open up the appliance, unscrew the card from the mobo, screw it on the NIM and restart the deployment.

Actually, the on-borad pvdm-64 is enough for the T1, less conference & less transcode. 

1. Can I skip the deploy check and use the on-board pvdm for the T1 too?

2.  I use the BE4000 for replacement of CME. Can use the ISR4K’s PVDM4 on BE4000? Same?

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Irrespective of the fact where you use a NIM card, it CANNOT USE THE motherboard PVDM. I never said that PVDM-64 is not enough for T1. You need to have the PVDM ON the NIM, THAT is a MANDATE.

1. No, you cannot use the on-board PVDM for T1 in any situation.
2. Not sure why do you want to use an extra PVDM when you already have one on the BE4k. All you need to do is move it to the NIM card.

Do some reading here please -

Q. Can I use the motherboard PVDM4 for T1/E1 TDM voice service?
A. No. Only PVDM4 installed on T1/E1 NIM can be used for TDM voice services, the motherboard PVDM4 can only be used for IP based voice services such as conferencing, transcoding and MTP. However, extra DSP resources on PVDM4 installed on T1/E1 NIM can be pooled together with motherboard PVDM4 in dspfarm for IP based voice services. Please also refer to Cisco High-Density Packet Voice Digital Signal Processor Modules FAQ.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/qa_c67-728823.html

Hi there

Could you power-cycle the BE4000 and  issue the "Restart Deployment" action ?

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Can you share the screenshot of error message ?

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***