Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blind Transfer No Answer Return

In CME, calls are returned after a blind transfer (transfer without waiting for a person to answer) to the Calling Party (person doing the transfer) if the Called Party (person you tried to transfer it to) does not answer.  Is that not a feature in CUCM?

(Running latest version of 11.5)

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Christopher,

This feature is not currently available in any CUCM version but there is a Bug/Enhancement request open that you can follow;

Transfer recall feature is not available in CUCM
CSCuu95858
Cheers!
Rob

Feels like a big step backwards on the CUCM from CME to not have this.

In looking on the net I read that maybe a 3rd party phone might be able to do this.... Does anyone know of a work around:

1) Attendant Console (software or hardware) that can do this (make/model)? 

2) Is there any way to setup a conditional route ... if extensions w, x, or y try a transfer to a group of configured ext have the no answer go to ext z?  Obviously this can be done on the extension as "no answer call forward" but we would only want operator transfers return to operator, not all transfers to go to operator.

3) Any way to write a program on the CUCM to do this?

Feels like a big step backwards on the CUCM from CME to not have this.

Not really, the teams that develop CME and CUCM are completely separate, and work on different platforms with different capabilities. They just share the name, but are not really the younger and older brother for call control.

As Rob mentioned, the only option is CUACA, and that is assuming you use the CTI ports to control and make the calls (which means you don't see the calling party of the original party, but the CUACA port). If you want to see the original calling party for the transfer, CTI is removed form the call flow, and there is no transfer reversal.

2 It *might* be possible, but most likely would require custom programming and use the external call control feature to code this and configure the call flow you want. Not natively possible.

3 Same as 2, you would need to write your own CTI app to make the calls, and keep them under your control as CUACA does

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Christopher,

This feature is supported with the use of CUACA (Cisco Unified Attendant Console Advanced).

Transfer reversion (call recall)

Enable a transferred call to revert back to the operator so that it can be answered and then transferred to a new destination.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-attendant-console/data_sheet_C78-731867.html

Cheers!

Rob

Unfortunately I don't think this works in a rds/terminal server environment. Probably need a hardware phone/console.

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Customers have asked for this since version 3.X so Cisco had enough years to add this feature

Maybe they will add this feature one day, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it

JH