cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk update admin password on CUCM for Webex and Telepresence codecs

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4

We need to change the admin password for over 50 Webex and Telepresence VC codecs on CUCM.  This is a huge manual work.

Seems Bulk update of phones does not support the admin password update.

Is there another way to update the admin credentials in bulk, eg SQL update via CLI.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Kaloyan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I've just tested this in my lab with CUCM 11.5 by using a BAT phone update query and it worked You can try it for yourself:

1. Go to CUCM Administration > Bulk Administration
2. Go to Phones > Update Phones > Query
3. Filter the search criteria by Device Type and then the name of the device (e.g. Webex Room Kit) 

4. Click Search 

This will bring up all the devices from that type. I advise you to only update one type at a time since they have common configuration settings.

5. Click Next
6. At the top you have options if the phone should be Reset upon completing the BAT update job (obviously the device will have to be reset in order to download the new config file with the updated credentials)
7. Scroll down to the admin username/password settings and update the fields as needed and by checking the boxes right next to them
8. Run/Submit the job. 

View solution in original post

As @Kaloyan mentioned its possible from Bulk phone update.

Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 1.34.25 PM.png

Response Signature

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Kaloyan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I've just tested this in my lab with CUCM 11.5 by using a BAT phone update query and it worked You can try it for yourself:

1. Go to CUCM Administration > Bulk Administration
2. Go to Phones > Update Phones > Query
3. Filter the search criteria by Device Type and then the name of the device (e.g. Webex Room Kit) 

4. Click Search 

This will bring up all the devices from that type. I advise you to only update one type at a time since they have common configuration settings.

5. Click Next
6. At the top you have options if the phone should be Reset upon completing the BAT update job (obviously the device will have to be reset in order to download the new config file with the updated credentials)
7. Scroll down to the admin username/password settings and update the fields as needed and by checking the boxes right next to them
8. Run/Submit the job. 

As @Kaloyan mentioned its possible from Bulk phone update.

Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 1.34.25 PM.png

Response Signature

Hi, just checked on our CUCM, but I cannot find the Admin User and Password fields in Bulk - Update Phones.

That option will be available when you select telepresence devices. if you select phones you won't see that option.

Response Signature

The appearance of the admin user and pwd fields seems to be related to the exact device type.

When you have a mix of eg Webex Room Kit and Room Kit Plus the fields do not appear.

So to filter on Webex Room Kit: is exacly Cisco Webex Room Kit.

Thanks for the inputs!

These would be the name you have to use for filter to get only a single type for the bulk update.
image.png

Response Signature

Hi,
We are trying to to set admin password on 400 Webex room Kits (on prem) from default as described here.
The issue is that it seems like the password is correctly assigned after doing save/apply/reset on the device page on CUCM (device becomes unregistered and then correctly registered). But when we try to log in to the device it still has the default password (and of course we can only log in with the default password).

kpanagiotopoulos_0-1688996813322.png
Any idea what the problem might be ?

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4

How can I bulk update user credentials for Webex cloud registered codecs?