Hope someone can help with a strange issue that I am having. I have one user that has placed call forwarding on their line. When we call the extension from within the company eg we dial 2222 it will forward to the phone no problem. When we dial the DID directly, I get a busy signal. The CSS that is being used is the same one for all the others in the office and she is the only one that rings busy. I have checked all her settings and they are exactly the same as all the others which are not having a problem. Usually in this case it would be something to do with the CSS but everyone is using the same one. I am at a bit of a loss and hoping someone has some other ideas on how to find out why this is happening.
Please check in your GW in outbound calls section
Call Routing Information - Outbound Calls
the calling party selection.
-Originator—Send the directory number of the calling device.
-First Redirect Number—Send the directory number of the redirecting device.
-Last Redirect Number—Send the directory number of the last device to redirect the call.
-First Redirect Number (External)—Send the directory number of the first redirecting device with the external phone mask applied.
-Last Redirect Number (External)—Send the directory number of the last redirecting device with the external phone mask applied.
Do you get this behaviour on all call forwards for this user, whether internal or external? If it's only external that's a problem, have a look at gateway debugs to see if the call's being bounced by the carrier. Compare with a working extension.
it will depend on your configurations but maybe you able to find what is the problem with bellows
- please share the exact call flow.
- please check the Maximum Number of Calls and Busy Trigger configurations under the line configuration. If you entered "1" you will get a busy tone.
- when you make a test call you are hearing a busy tone or fas busy tone?
- please run a debug command and make sure that dial-peer matching and number appearing > debug voice ccapi inout on CUBE or Voice Gateway
- please check phone number mask under the phone line options
- please make sure the Media Termination Point checkbox is checked or unchecked under the device configuration