cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler Question

Bob Dickens
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new to call manager and could use some help. We are running call manager and unity connection 8.5. I have a dn and   route point created. When I call the extension, unity thinks it is a mailbox, not a system handler . It justs ask me to leave a message.    I have the forwarded routing rule set to forwarding station = extension (this is the same extension as the dn and cti). I don't know enough about this system to even know what other information you may need to help me, so please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help.

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're dialing directly the CTI RP and it has CFA to VM you don't need any routing rule, just create a call handler with the same DN on CUC.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thanks for your response. I removed the routing rule and I received the same response from unity. While researching I found someone was saying that I need to turn on "redirecting diverson header delivery - inbound" and "redirecting diverson header delivery - outbound" in the SIP Trunk. Could that be the problem?

So you have a SIP integration??

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

It is my understanding that it is only from the cube to call manager.

Check the call in RTMT port monitor or Remote Port status monitor available for download from ciscounitytools.com to see what the call is arriving as.

Chris