Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 8.5.1 Errors

Jacob Webb
Level 1
Level 1

After a cluster reboot I am getting hundreds of errors and most of them are:

SeverityMatch : Alert

MatchedEvent : Nov  6 10:29:39 XXXXXXXX kern 1 kernel: IpVms: StreamMixer: Excessive mixer calls (-60)

AppID : Cisco Syslog Agent

ClusterID :

NodeID : XXXXXXXX

TimeStamp : Sat Mar 01 10:33:59 CST 2014

MatchedEvent : Nov  6 10:30:09 XXXXXXXX kern 1 kernel: IpVms: StreamMixer: Excessive mixer calls (-40)

ClusterID :

TimeStamp : Sat Mar 01 10:34:00 CST 2014

MatchedEvent : Nov  6 10:30:20 XXXXXXXX kern 1 kernel: IpVms: StreamMixer: Excessive mixer calls (0)

ClusterID :

TimeStamp : Sat Mar 01 10:34:01 CST 2014

What can I do to fix this?

5 Replies 5

Gagarin Sathiyanarayanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jacob,

What is the exact CUCM version you are running ?

There is a known defect in v8.5.1. Below are the details.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCtx30044

Regards,

Gagarin

Regards, Gagarin Please rate all helpful posts.

Hi Gagarin,

My version is 8.5.1.11900-21, which doesn't match the exact version of the bug report.  However, the fixed version is not until 8.6.3, so maybe I will try to upgrade anyhow.

If I were to apply the patch to get me to 8.6.3, is there a specific order I need to follow?  Pulisher first?  Subscribers first?

Another thing woth mentioning is that this was not happening before I reloaded the servers and this cluster was built 3 years ago.

Hi Jacob,

The version you specified is not available on CCO. You might have to raise a TAC case to see if the image can be published. I checked the release notes of the latest SU in 8.5.1 and 8.6.2, but this defect is not under the resolved caveats.

Also, reviewed additional info on the buig available internally and looks like this is a cosmetic defect and shouln't affect cucm performance. Is another cluster reboot a viable option ? Because I saw few cases where a server reboot resolved the issue.

With respect to upgrade, you will be upgrading all the servers first and then do a switch version starting from the PUB and the one by one other SUBs in the cluster.

Regards,

Gagarin

Please rate all helpful posts.

Regards, Gagarin Please rate all helpful posts.

Hi Gagarin,

Can you give me a link for a version that I can upgrade to?  I can try and perform an upgrade this weekend to see if it clears the errors.  It would also be good to be running a supported version.  Something in the 8.6 family would be good since I am not quite ready to make the push to 9.0 yet.       

I do see that the errors have stopped since early yesterday afternoon, but not until after over 24 hours of these alerts being generated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: