Views
Helpful
Replies

Call not disconnected even after phone is unplugged

anish.gupta11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are running CUCM 10.5 and have come across strange issue where call does not disconnects even after one point registered to the same CUCM is disconnected. For example. We have 8945, 7925 wireless phones and third party SIP device in one cluster. Phone A(8945) calls phone B (7925).If phone B is switched off or have it's battery out the call still shows active on Phone A. We replicated the same on two Cisco desk phones(8945 both). If we unplugged ethernet cable from one of the phones the call still showed active on the other phone.

Any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks!!

Anish

6 Replies 6

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is caused by improper signalling, so the RTP stream stays up and results in an active call on the phones screen, but there is no SIP BYE to disconnect the call.

Are phone A and B both SIP?  Also are you using transcoders/MTP for that call?

also can you add the traces for that particular call that is failing and add to the case.

cheers

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your response. I will try repeating the same issue once I am at client location and gather logs. Meanwhile could you please suggest the cause of improper signalling or where I can check the same.

All phones are using SIP. No, they are in same cluster and it was a normal audio call.

Will get the logs once I'm at the site.

Thanks and Regards,

Anish

Hi Anish,

Signaling issues can be tracked via callmanager service traces or packet captures. However, in this case I would also recommend checking the database replication status on all servers in case it is a multimode cluster. Please ensure it is 2 for each server. To check for any possible bugs please mention the exact cucm and phone firmware versions as well.

Manish

Hi,

DB replication is all good. CUCM version 10.5.1.10000-7

8945 device firmware:SIP894x.9-4-2-8

9951 :sip9951.9-4-2-13

It's across all the devices which rules out the issue with firmware.

Thanks and Regards,

Anish

Hi Anish,

Like Manish said, you can collect captures from the IP phone and the CUCM to check the SIP signaling and see if the phone is receiving any BYE. Also, let the call stay up on the phone for a while like 2-3 mins and see if it drops on its own or not.

Aseem

Hi,

Just wanted to know if this is normal behaviour or case of some misconfig.

Thanks and Regards,Anish