Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID in call manager is unknown for private mobile numbers

Dear experts,

the private mobile number clid showing in cisco ip phone as "unknown number". but when i trace the call using debug isdn q931, i could see the Calling Party Number i as valid mobile number. but the call manager is not display this number instead it shows unknown number. 

this is working as expected. but i am not able to figure out what parameter instruct call manager to mask this calling party number and present as unknown number. 

image.png

if i forward this call to a pstn number, the caller id shows as valid mobile number.  any got an idea ???

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the protocol being used between the GW and CUCM?

The gateways protocol - MGCP

Can you post your config "show run"?

Did you try to google for your issue i.e. "mgcp pri no caller ID", there are plenty of similar threads, an example:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony/caller-id-issue-with-mgcp-pri/td-p/1072755

sorry for the delay in response..

The incoming call is working as expected. but my first question is that how the call manager is identifying that this number shouldn't be presented to the Cisco IP Phone??.

I think i got the answer of this from Service provide where they informed that when they send such calls- the presentation is restricted. - Presentation indicator = Presentation restricted.

(if it is direct incoming call the caller id shown in the phone is Unknown). 

Again i am unable to find this value in any of the traces from call manager or Voice gateway.

my real issue is that when we forward this call to another mobile phone, the CLID present and showing the correct number. and the customer is complaining that how can we present a restricted number to user. (becuase these numbers are used VVIP users)

i cannot mask the CLID since it may mask all the outgoing call. and it is hard to create individual route pattern for such private numbers since we have no idea about what are these numbers. 

Service Provider is accusing us for changing this presentation parameter from our end. and it supposed to resolve by us. 

so is there any way to instruct call manager, do not modify the presentation parameter? 

i am sorry if i confuse you .. please ask me if you require further details 

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there 

Does the behavior change once the call gets connected ? Is it happening to all phones? 

You could try this, if you dont have the below config in you CUCM

1. Add "External Phone Number Mask" - All 10 digits of your phone number
  2. Route Patterns >> "Calling Party Transformations" >> Check "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" add put 10 X's. XXXXXXXXXX
  3. Gateway >> "Call Routing Information - Outbound Calls" >> "Caller ID DN" >>Make sure blank.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

@Ratheesh Kumar

Just curious to know what Route Patterns and external phone number mask has to do with CLI on inbound calls. .

Please rate all useful posts

Oops my bad, I overlooked and assumed it’s an Outgoing one 😔