cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can the CUBE & Gatekeeper exist on the same cisco ios router ?

chukkaedovia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Ill like to know if I can use the same router to host the cisco CUBE and Gatekeeper functionalities.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

AFAIK we can use both on the same router. After all, CUBE will just be an IP-IP gateway that registers to the GK on the same box.

HTH

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

AFAIK we can use both on the same router. After all, CUBE will just be an IP-IP gateway that registers to the GK on the same box.

HTH

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts

Thanks for this . I also have another scenerio where CCM is connected  to MGCP gateways and CUBE. My aim is to failover from my MGCP gateway (  connects my PSTN ) to my SIP trunk ( SIP PROVIDER) and vice versa.

Will configuring multiple route groups on the CCM( i.e  Route-Pattern ---- Route-List------ 2XRoute Groups) cater for this  failover scenerio ? The 2 route groups will be the CUBE and the MGCP  gateways respectively.

I am concerned how the call manager will know when the  sip trunk has failed on the CUBE ( SIP trunk to provider ) so that it  can change to the MGCP gateways ( PSTN ).

Thank you.

Hi,

In cube in the dial-peer which is pointing to sip provider, you can configure the keep-alive mechanism using the below command.

voice-class sip options-keepalive.

You may also need you SIP Provider's help on this.

Configure the error-response code as 503 Service Unavailable, which should be huntable to next route.

You can refer the below link for more understanding on this

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/cube/configuration/guide/vb-gw-sipsip.html#wp1381926

Regards,

Senthil