cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot answer a call by pushing the answer button on the headset

ROBERTPUZAK
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot answer an incoming call by pushing the button on the side of the headset. The headset is a jabra pro 930. I am using cisco finesse and cisco jabber on my pc. Please advise.

11 Replies 11

Have you installed the Jabra software on your computer?

Response Signature

Yes we have

Yes I have and I have done all available updates.

I think its a comparability issues of the  jabra driver and the jabber version.

https://www.jabra.com/supportpages/jabra-pro-930/930-69-509-105/faq/how-do-i-set-up-my-jabra-device-to-work-with-cisco-jabber

Have you tried updating jabra driver compatible with the version of jabber you are using. if jabra firmware is not compatible with the version of jabber which you are using you might need to wait till they release an update or use jabber version compatible with the installed jabra driver.

Response Signature

So I have a call center and all of my agents are able to answer incoming calls by pushing the button on their headset except for one of the agents, so I do not think that this is the issue.

Jabber version is it the same for all user?

have you tried reinstalling the driver and jabber on the pc which has issues ?

Response Signature

YES THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME VERSION AND WE HAVE UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED. STILL NOT WOKING ANY OHER SUGGESTIONS?

@ROBERTPUZAK wrote:
YES THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME VERSION AND WE HAVE UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED. STILL NOT WOKING ANY OHER SUGGESTIONS?

Not very nice to write in all caps.

Response Signature

Sorry, we use a computer program that you must type in all caps. Bad habit to forget and not turn it off. Nothing meant by it. Sorry if I upset.

If it's just the one user there is either a problem with the headset or a problem with the software or a setting that is different.

Once the call is picked up (using the handset), can the user use the headset's controls to do things like mute or hang up? Or is the headset only providing audio and nothing else?

Unfortunately, it will take the phone's log file to examine the issue. Can you obtain that and post it?

Maren

So, everything else on the headset works the volume buttons on the side work and the mute button works. When you click the answer button Cisco jabber comes to the front of the screen, however it will not answer or hang up the call. How do you access the phone's log file. Let me know and I'll post. Thanks.